- cleaned 2 of three toilets (lovely thought for your early morning reading!)
- folded up all my scarves and reorg'd their drawer which had become unbearable
- bought the kids a few summer t-shirts and shorts (I like the new JC Penney, do you?)
- rearranged furniture* in KT's room like she had requested (and in the process threw out a bunch of her old stuff - wooden puzzles, old books, junk from under the bed oh em gee)
- did* 3 loads of laundry
- baked banana bread, finally
- filed stuff (paid bills, pay stubs, etc.) in the filing cabinet
It felt really good. Partly to get things accomlished and have a clean house, but also just the act of doing it. Being in the moment - I love the word "homecaring." Just putting your mind to the task of making the place you live more loveable (and having the time to do it gently). I don't know. Maybe it was because the kids left me alone! Ha. They were playing all day with their Build-a-Bears. Teddy bears' picnics and stuff. (uh... stuff like tossing bears off the upstairs landing and thinking that was hilarious.)
Maybe now that everything's clean (DH cleaned the other bathroom, dusted, and vacuumed while I was doing my stuff), we can start taping off and getting read to paint.
*DH did the heavy lifting, and some folding...Thank you, DH!