Ho, ho, ho. Just kidding. I did have a pretty decent week last week, just by working HARD to improve my attitude. And breathing deeply, and counting blessings, and listening to some really good tunes, loudly, on my headphones. All those things.
Want to see the Playlist?
- Mumford & Sons -- Roll Away Your Stone is just unbelievably awesome
- Catherine Wheel -- Satellite (thank you, DH, for introducing me to them so many years ago)
- The Church -- Metropolis and Business Woman
- Beck!! Oh my gosh, I'd forgotten how fun Beck is! Where It's At was on infinite repeat a couple of days last week and I danced in my chair
- Coldplay - Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love makes me so happy
- The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot (no robots will defeat me! YouTube it right now. Note: video=odd)
- Travis -- Sing. Sing, sing, sing!
I will admit that Monday this week was difficult. Over the weekend I find less need to manage the moments and be mindful, because the weekends are Nice! So I got out of practice and my brain tilted back to its OLD default of Monday Grumble Grumble. I knew it, as it was going on, but I couldn't seem to cheerlead my way out of it, that day.
I mean, Mondays are hard no matter what, right? They ARE.
So we'll have to work on that a bit more.
I also haven't had any other time on the computer at home, to continue to the next step of Anzman's book, but I will.
KT started wearing uniforms this week at her Pre-K. This is the first year they've done uniforms -- it's a daycare, so only the oldest kids, the 3s and 4s, are wearing them. Because of this, some of the sizes have not yet been delivered and so, some of KT's friends aren't wearing their uniforms yet. Which makes it hard for me to convince her that she needs to wear hers. She love, love, loved it on the first day. Looked so cute, even though she chose a hot pink headband and socks, that didn't exactly match (the school hasn't specified all the way down to socks or accessories).
The second day? The shine wore right off. "I HATE MY UNIFORM! I DON'T WANNA WEAR IT I WANNA WEAR MY YELLOW DRESS!!"
The very [stupid,exhausting] morning situation I had hoped uniforms would deter.
WE CANNOT WIN, MAMAS.
(But I have a good attitude about work! Tra-la! And P.S. I am rocking the Room Mom situation so far!)