I'm sorry - I just need to list this stuff out to get it out of my head, so I can do my actual work today. I'm having a hard time concentrating with all the house nonsense swirling around in there. (Not to mention Christmas present-buying, travel-plans-making, where-to-put-the-Elf-deciding, aiiieeeee!)
1. Fix three bad places (I don't even know what to call these) on three different ceilings. There's the place that became wet after a big storm, which was our indication we needed a new roof; the place where, once, when we had some plumbing done upstairs, the ceiling downstairs was never the same; and the place in our bedroom where it looks like someone took a box cutter to the ceiling (I don't even know). Who do you call for work like that? Dry wall people? Are there such?
2. Replace the front porch and stairs and back deck. I don't know if she'll say we MUST do this, but the decks are wood and looking pretty sad right now.
3. Paint the garage walls. (I mean, we could stand to do a LOT of painting, but for sure the garage.)
4. Replace the dishwasher? Maybe. I didn't even think of this one until today, but we have a stainless fridge and a stainless stove/oven, and then a cream colored dishwasher. Seems like, even if we don't re-do the kitchen completely, maybe we should have matching appliances. ? (Clueless)
5. I fear she'll say we need to tear down the master bath and start over. And then I fear that one brand-new master bath will look out of place alongside the rest of the house. How does this work?
6. Okay, I can't think of anything else except the kitchen, kitchen, kitchen which I've mentioned a billion times already. I'll shut up.
7. I drove through a new neighborhood in our part of town on Wednesday morning before work, and there's a house that looks like the right size and price range with a lovely front yard and porch, and it's for sale. I wish I had time to drive around every neighborhood I can think of, and start looking. That's the fun stuff, although I promised DH I wouldn't get my hopes up because we may decide we're not doing this after all. I'm sure he's thrilled about all the blog posts. On the other hand, he put me in charge of starting the investigation, so he can't really say anything. Heh.
Happy weekend, y'all! I'm going to decorate for Christmas and make the house feel pretty! Selling point! Woo!
Visit conversiondiary.com for all the Quick Takes posts!

1 comment:
I don't know about any of those things. But I hope the whole process is not too insane. We want to move in the next couple of years. Need to pay off our van, then put away money for down payment plus mortgage payments for two houses. There is no way we are trying to sell this one while we live in it. 8 people in 1700 square feet do a lot of damage. I would lose my mind.
I'm already looking at houses though, which is dumb, because who knows what will be reasonable when we finally get ready to move. There's that struggle with contentment again.
Post a Comment