There seemed to be very little wrong with it. One or two little bits of wood rot on the exterior; some fencing that the owner already told our agent they were planning to have fixed (so we wrote that into the offer, of course); but overall everything checked out. It's an upgrade for us without being too much house, and it met most, if not all, of our wish-list items:
- Guest bedroom
- Flatter, smaller yard
- Nice kitchen
- Fenced backyard
- Nice flooring -- (oh, it has the most beautiful wide-plank hardwoods!)
- Decent-sized, equal kid bedrooms with bigger closets than what they have now
- Basement (it's even finished, and fairly nicely, with a full bathroom!)
- Swim/Tennis neighborhood with reasonable dues (we've seen some where the dues are $595 and uhh, no)
- Obviously, price point
I mean, not to get ahead of myself -- they haven't accepted the offer yet. They have until 2:00pm today. This market is nuts with the one-day-or-less turnarounds! These people hadn't put the sign in the yard yet! And they're on Spring Break - I'm sure they're feeling shell-shocked, much like we were. My guess is they'll come back wanting to pay less of the closing costs, because who accepts an offer as-is? Nobody.
They decorated to charm me, too. I know the decor doesn't stay, but it had a lot of sweet furniture that was country-chic, but upscale-country, you know? Pottery Barn with purposefully roughed edges, or something. It's hard to describe but it clearly worked. Also, they had a lot of Texas knick-knacks and treasures, so obviously (to those who know I lived there in my childhood, lucky me!) that said "home" to me in a certain way, and made me like them. Apparently they're moving because they've outgrown the space (3 kids), just like we had outgrown ours.
I will update by 2:00! THANK YOU ALL for your prayers and crossed fingers. Really, I felt them. Thank you.
1 comment:
Wow, wow! You'll have to post pictures! It sounds wonderful! The floors! Community swimming pool! Yay!
Post a Comment