Monday, March 21

Summer Schedule 2016

No more daycare camp for us! We shall have, I declare, an easy, breezy, FUN summer, thanks to the commitment of our dear, darling babysitter, Carli.

I love Carli. For $9/hour plus some gas money and meals, she's going to (I hope) be a game-changer.

Thankfully, the kids love her, too. I had my camp-panic a few weeks ago, and then I got busy. Without further ado, here's what the kids' summer looks like so far.

May 30-June 3 -- Memorial Day week, so we'll have Monday off, of course, but then T-F will be spent at home, and/or at the pool, with Carli at the helm. I'm hoping for 8 am to 5 pm. Still need to talk with Shawn (and he with his boss) about his and my schedules -- would be nice for me to leave by 7am so I can come home by 4:30pm, but that might mean Shawn needs to be home until 8am, which would be weird for him, I bet.

Jun 6-10 -- Kate will be at Winshape for the first time! Sleepaway camp! My baby. Say a prayer -- she wants to go -- is excited to go -- but is also a little nervous since Alex decided NOT to go. Still... if Alex could handle it, shy and reserved as he is, then surely strong-willed Kate can, too. This first week, I'm hoping I can convince Alex to do a swimming camp at the YMCA in the mornings.

Jun 13-17 -- Winshape week 2! I don't have anything planned for Alex but maybe that's okay. As long as he doesn't watch YouTube videos 8 hours a day, I'm cool. (Perhaps I will increase the Family Summer Reading Project from 4 books to 6 or 8, however.)

Jun 20-24 -- Beach Vacation. We already know how I feel about that!

Jun 27-July 1 -- This is a week I'm unsure about, but might include a mornings-only camp at the kids' gymnastics school. It's easy and Kate loved it last year. Alex might not be totally enthused, but it's air conditioned and has a trampoline and a foam pit - how could he complain?

Jul 4-8 -- Might be a "regular" Carli week. She's offered to take the kids to her pool (her parents' neighborhood?), and I've said she can use our pool, so I think we're covered. I say they go every day for a couple of hours. Why not?

Jul 11-15 -- Maybe to Savannah, maybe to Pensacola?

July 18-22 -- Alex's week at Boy Scout Camp in North Carolina. Kate is signed up, thanks to the excellent planning of another mom-friend, at Art Camp all day with her buddy, Siena. I think it's drawing/art in the mornings, and musical theater (squee!) in the afternoons.

Jul 25-29 -- Alex will have Video Game design class at the same Art Camp in the afternoons, 1:30 - 4:30. Kate will hang out with Carli and do some Summer reading of her own, I hope.

Aug 1-5 -- Maybe to Savannah, maybe to Pensacola?


So, still a few holes, but it's starting to shape up very nicely, I think.

2 comments:

bessie.viola said...

Lee, you are amazing. I just had a moment of summer-panic last week when I realized that I'd planned NOTHING for Spring Break... this post has totally inspired me to get on it and start figuring out an awesome summer for my two.

xoxo - you're rocking this!!

bessie.viola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.