Nothing to SAYYYY, nothing to SAYYYY, I have exactly NOTHING TO SAAAAAAAY! (So I'm singing.)
Of course that isn't true; I guess I have plenty to say, or that is what a friend of the family indicated this weekend when he said he had NOTHING to say in a BLOG, and he doesn't know why anyone would want to maintain one of those BLOGS for heaven's sake, ugh. Or to that effect. Well, pish posh, family friend, no soup for YOU! Hee hee. I am only kidding, it is funny to hear the older generation (for that is what he is) trying to understand our LANGUAGE. Our MEDIA. I'm sure his parents and their friends pooh-pooh'd sitting and watching those crazy television sets with comments like "I don't know why ANYONE would want to do that." Heh, heh. How do you like me NOW?? Oh well. I didn't think I cared one whit about that comment but evidently I did. LOL.
I have to tell you guys something that will NOT fall under the "Kindblog" badge, and I'm very sorry about that. But I have to get this OUT! It's killing me. I have a cube-neighbor -- actually she's at least 3 cubes over but she is SO LOUD that she feels like she's right next door -- and she is An Expert On Everything. Have you ever known someone like that? OH HOLY HELL. It is so obnoxious. Since I came here in February, she has pontificated on no less than all of these topics, usually more than once a day:
- iPods
- iPhones
- DSL versus the Dish
- House Cleaning (I think she owns a business)
- MOTHERHOOD - lord help me, she has a 7-month old and guess what else? She's the only person ever on EARTH to have had a BAY-BEE. Did you know bay-bees babble? And coo? They sure do. Hers more than most.
- Steve Wozniak
- Mac computers
- Elmo
- The Honda Fit (recently bought one)
- Menses (there's an app for that)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
I am so not even kidding you. It's like she actively chooses the topic for the day and then tells everyone in her line of vision how much she Knows. I have to start giving you a daily update. Yatt's topic of the day (not her real name). The Reese's discussion was yesterday: someone brought in the white chocolate version of mini-Reese's to share. You or I would say, 'Oooh, chocolate! Thanks!" The end. This woman went into a 10-minute discussion of why she likes the PEANUT BUTTER part of the Reese's, and the chocolate part is immaterial slash ineffective in overpowering the peanut butter part. That's why SHE eats them, the peanut butter. And she feels the white chocolate DOES overpower the p.b. so that's why she doesn't like them.
AS I TYPE she is telling her teammates that she records the first day of her period using an app on her iPhone. I SWEAR TO GOSH she is.
Oh! Oh! She also walks around her area BAREFOOT.
You guys are going to love her.
8 comments:
I picture her like Mrs Poole from that 80s TV show whose name is completely escaping me at the moment.
Cannot wait to hear more. I had a co worker like this and she drove us all batty. And the space was teeny tiny that we all shared so it was EVEN worse if you can imagine that!
Though I have to say I never wear shoes in our office but then again so do several of my co workers...
In which your blog just became the most entertaining, funny blog on the internet. Bring on the Yatt!
and, srsly? there's an app for that?
and, how clean doe she really think that cube carpet is? GR-OSS!
and, dude, I am pretty sure I carpoool with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha Ha Ha Ha. I so enjoyed that. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Things aren't perfect in this cube-land either. I could give you an earful. Except you are already getting an earful so I'll spare you.
SRS. It is so krazy when Old Folks pretend not to understand Current Culture. My grandparents were all, "Why would we need a COMPUTER?" and my parents are all "I don't get it, what's a blog FOR?" I've been trying to guess what OUR Old-Folk issue will be. I feel a LITTLE Old-Folky about texting, but not enough to issue an Old Folk Proclamation.
I DO love her! And tell Old Fogey Relative that THIS is why you have a blog, because there is always something to say (or something to make fun of, at the very least.)
I totally believe there is an app for that. I cannot believe at ALL that she is TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT IT.
awesome, this is going to be fun
also, I H.A.T.E. people who act like no one IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD has ever had a baby before them.
oh ... and how was the wedding??
Mandy, the wedding was of course awesome. I sat with your 1st cousins. (Well, briefly... I was running around chasing KT and AJ and refilling my wine.)
Hope you saw Ang's pics.
OMG I can't wait to hear more about this crazy person!! Unfortunately, she's not the only one I've heard of OR met - I think they're a breed, and they're spreading!
I can NEVER understand the office people who think that they should share about their PERIOD with the entire office, for heaven's sake. It is so awful... I get enough of periods each month with mine; why would I want to hear about yours?
Post a Comment