Friday, May 22

Pre-holiday weekend, Pre-K graduation

This morning Yatt is talking about POLITICS. She seems to be slightly opinionated. She presumes, I think, that all her cube-mates share her views. And maybe they do... but maybe I don't. Guess no one ever told her that talking politics is not what we do in POLITE COMPANY or PROFESSIONAL SETTINGS. Also -- Harry Potter! Oh Noes!! It turns out that one of the things that bugs me the MOST about Yatt is that she and I share an interest in certain topics. iMacs, Steve Wozniak, for example, and now HP, too?? Is it because she's the polar opposite but EXACT SAME as me that I dislike her so much?? Am I pointing a mirror at MYSELF? ohhh, too much psychobabble for a Friday morning and holiday weekend.

Hello, how are you? I've been swamped this week, I guess, or more than that, uninterested in sharing what I have in my brain. But last night we went to Pre-K graduation and it warmed my little heart. I mean, just look at this:



Kills you dead, right? DEAD. CUTE. And he got the certificate for Best Reader. :) I knew that's what he'd get. He IS the best reader EVAR. *mom pride* *preening*

What upsets me is the anticipation of having to go through this whole "graduation" thing again 3 more times before we're out of high school. I know they'll have Kindergarten graduation, further proving (like we don't already know) that the bay-bees are growing UP!!! ...and then 8th grade graduation, THEN a real graduation from high school! Crazy. I only feel worse for MY parents, who had to do 6th grade and THEN 8th grade, because we moved to a new town in between the two. (Although they didn't have to endure the little kid versions. I think those MUST be the hardest. Well, no, I take it back -- high school graduation will probably be AWFULLY HARD as they'll (hopefully) be leaving the NEST, zOMG... we can't even think about that yet.)

New Topic!! We're going to (great) grandma's house! Leaving tonight or tomorrow, I can't decide and it's been left up to me. It depends on whether I can get all my laundry done, and then packed, before 5 pm today. I'll leave work early today, attend Kindergarten Orientation (how neatly that lined up!), then take the kids home and attempt to wash, fold, and pack everything up while they destroy the place. Then we'll sic them on Nanny's house and they'll likely destroy IT, too! I tell you what, we leave a TRAIL wherever we go these days. There are always THINGS -- toys, shoes, fridge magnets -- decorating the floor at our house. ALWAYS. Here's an example -- don't mind the adorable moment in the foreground, I'm uploading this to show you the MAYHEM behind them:



And that's nothing -- you should see the kitchen. Happy Memorial Day, everyone.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

my mom just told me that "yat" is someone from NOLA ... WHY didnt I know this??? I am SURE you did .. you know like "where ya at?"

anyway, I thought of that when you were talking about your Yatt ... :)

will it make you feel better if I take a picture of our house and the "trail of things" we have going on?? but thanks for sharing yours, nonw I dotn feel bad!!

hope you have nice weekend, and yay for AJ on his first graduation and his award!!!

nicole said...

So we don't do a kindergarten graduation. Maybe because it is public school? And my kids didn't attend preschool, so no pre-K graduation either. Just high school for us.

I can't wait to see HP. Trying to convince Husband to watch the first five movies, so he can see it with me. They are movies meant to be enjoyed by both of us. Or something.

We visited grandparents too. I tried to minimize the trail. Our house looks much like yours on any given day at any given minute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that picture just broke my heart! Twee little robes & hats - just too much! I don't think that my heart will survive.

I cannot WAIT for Harry Potter. I'm getting very impatient. I may even brave the midnight showing!

Also... I got a VERY FANTASIC package in the mail on Friday! Totally made my day... I will be posting about it soon, because boy did you send me lots of cuteness!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time at Nanny's, my friend! Yes, that graduation picture was a killer -- good lord! I think I just had my first, "Please don't grow up" moment! My house has the toy trail, and I have always been a neat freak. It hurts me occasionally, and makes me less patient with the Big Boy toys, but I try to be rational!