Wednesday, June 30

Wordplay

Yesterday we got home from work/school/camp, and KT was saying some adorable things. She's figured out the hard /R/ sound, and now words like "water" come out "wadderrrrrr" instead of "waddah" like they did 8 days ago.

So AJ was feeding her all kinds of words to say. "Can you say, 'Dinner?'

Dinnerrrrr.

"Can you say, 'Bigger?'"

Biggerrrrr.

"KT, can you say, 'Basket?'" (not sure where that one came from)

Baks-sket.

"KT! Can you say, 'Sarcophagus?'"


STUNNED SILENCE. I had to ask the kid where he learned that word. (And, I'll admit, what did it mean?! Because I couldn't quite remember!) He said it was in a Magic Tree House crossword puzzle.

The darndest things, indeed.

2 comments:

Marie Green said...

Ha, ha, that's simply awesome. (and humbling, no?)

Alice said...

HA! i had to sit and think reeeallly hard whether a sarcophagus was a) the swallowy part of your throat, b) the thing mummies go in, or c)... something else. a part of a bug, maybe? color me impressed! :-)