I wish we could take video of some weekends in their entirety, and then go back to re-live them. I've learned this before, but once again it seems the best ones are really sometimes the least complicated.
... DH got to watch AJ at his new martial arts class, which he LOVES. It's interesting how much more enthusiastic AJ is about this than he was about baseball...
... We spent a lot of money at Target, but for things we have definitely been wanting, including a bulletin board for AJ's room (doesn't that make him seem like a BIG KID to you?), and shelves for our den (remember, I said we might do shelves??)...
... We had lunch at home on Saturday, which felt boring at the time (DH and I had lobbied for Chick Fil A but the kids weren't interested) but maybe it was just what we needed...
... We cleaned the house relax-ed-ly, vacuuming, dusting, and wiping down bathrooms (for the babysitter, and yes, it takes having someone over in order for me to get enthused about cleaning)
... The babysitter came and brought joy to the kids' hearts (KT was so cute, waiting by the window for her car to arrive), and to the parents' hearts, as we headed out for Thai food and then, the BEST MUSICAL EVER WRITTEN, Guys and Dolls. ;) I do love that show and I love my husband so much for knowing I would be thrilled to see it...
... We went to Sunday morning Mass and the kids BEHAVED, unlike the last 2 (or was it 3?) weeks running, AND we ran into some baseball friends there. We didn't know they went to our church and it was a really nice surprise!
... We did laundry, listened to music at dinner (I'll have to tell you about my new MUSIC plan), and got the pantry stocked for the week with juice boxes and oatmeal. Meals are planned for this busy week ahead, and my heart is just full with the love of family life right this moment.
2 comments:
Your title post reminds me of all the times my Dad & I would say to each other, "And how much do I love you?" "A bushel and a peck!" Thanks for the memorable daybrightener, Cookie!
A wonderful post, and goes with my new determination to live with GRATITUDE! I would like to hear your music plan. Madison actually LOVES classical music. It's amazing to me. I know that must seem awful to you, but I was raised by a musical Momma on songs like Moon River and Desperado, not Bach and Beethoven. I wonder if I should be doing something for my girl who is transformed by these lovely rhythms.
Post a Comment