Wednesday, September 21

Grateful!@3

^ Current password to get into my work computer, in case you ever find yourself in my cube.

Yes, I'm making a concentrated effort to count my blessings for the next few days. Yes, I'm feeling better. But gratefulness is gooooood medicine, and you can never have too much.

  • I made a roast in the crock pot (2-3 lb frozen roast, 1 onion cut up, 3/4c water + 1 envelope Onion Soup Mix. High for 6 hrs or Low for 8). It tasted just like my Grandmother used to make, and I made onion gravy and lima beans with rice to go with it. The only thing I forgot was spiced peaches. No one loved it but me (DH ate it willingly and said it was better than his Mom's), but I DON'T CARE. I am very grateful for Comfort Food.
  • It's almost fall. I love the cooler weather, football, sweaters, the rain. It's coming soon and I'm going to revel in it.
  • I'm grateful for my Integrated Management System. Ha! No, really, I've been reading a productivity book at work, and it, along with MS Outlook, is helping me organize my days a little more thoughtfully, which is obviously something I need. (Avoid Stress! Plan! You can Do It!)
  • I'm grateful for a job. Like the Desiderata says, "It is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time." (No matter how grumpy it sometimes makes me.)
  • I'm grateful for a husband who loves and accepts me, warts and all.
  • I'm grateful for fun and cuddles last night with KT (Alice in Wonderland, playing mermaids in the bathtub, and Alexander & the Terrible...Day), even while she's being a 3.5-year-old pill these days. It will pass; I'm holding on to that and trying not to wish time away.

6 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

"No one loved it but me" is the story of my dinner-making life.

Alice said...

Fake it 'till you feel it is a surprisingly effective method!

(also: am totally with you & melessa on the dinner thing. most of the time i cook for me. that's what happens when i do all the cooking! :) )

Anonymous said...

I read the crockpot pot roast instructions carefully, because I really need to drastically change my evening schedule. We've had a few meltdowns since school started -- both from Madison and Darryl -- right before our late supper (8 p.m.), so ... Supper at 6:30. Period. Playing afterwards is allowed.

Sherry said...

Oh, hey. Red House Global Brand Architects is me! :)

Lee said...

Hey, S! I knew I recognized that name. :) I feel ya, sister! Witching-hour meltdowns are the worst, and I do think a lot of times, it's because kids are tired/hungry.

In fact I'm realizing that some of KT's crabbiness in the mornings, before bfast, is probably due to the fact that she doesn't eat much dinner and is likely famished at 6:00 am!

nicole said...

I make my roast with Meunster rub. It is so good. Of course only available in Meunster or from the barbecue place here in town that brings it in from Meunster. We use it for everything.

I like your list. Gratitude is gooood.