Thursday, November 10

Justifiable

I really was/am sick! It's weird how GOOD that makes me feel -- like all my "being so tired" and "not wanting to DO anything" and "just feeling cruddy" don't actually need the quotation marks, they were real, and I AM ALLOWED. The doctor said so! She gave me 3 prescriptions to prove it. I am hopeful that after the past 10 days of this, we will be on the uptick soon! I already feel better today after one dose, but not completely better, which, again, makes me feel good and JUSTIFIED.

Here are some things I need to buy this weekend. I have been putting them off for various reasons, but we're about to reach the tipping point on some of them.
  • KT's new bed. Still.
  • New uniforms for my high-waters-wearin' AJ (hooray, he's growing!).
  • Haircuts for both kids.
  • Bulk food for my school-volunteer postion at Costco. Have I explained this? I was basically handed this job, and told that it would be SO EASY. Every 2 weeks, I go to Costco to buy 360 snack-packs of Oreos, 480 string cheeses (an entire case from the refigerated section), and plates/napkins/bowls/lunchbags for the school cafeteria. (It's not a working cafeteria, but the parents bring in food 3 days a week from various local eateries, which the kids can purchase). It's an interesting exercise, pushing around a big, orange pallet instead of a grocery cart, and I never fail to get comments as I go by with my 30 boxes of Oreos. People seem to forget that Costco is made for BULK purchases, it is not just your general supermarket. I'm trying to come up with clever retorts for "Whoa, that's a lot of Oreos!"
  • Yeah, just trying to prevent people like you from getting too much trans-fat.
  • We make a lot of "dirt cakes" at our house; I'm headed for the gummy worms aisle, next.
  • This isn't a lot. You should see my storage facility back at the commune.
  • Ever heard of hoarding, mister?? It's a disease, you should probably pray for me.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

The last two retorts really made me laugh. Go for it!

Sorry you're sick! Glad you're getting better.

Alice said...

oh man, i was really hoping someone would have some good retorts for you here in the comments! how about "yes... they're for orphans [silence, pointed look]"

Lee said...

I know! I was hoping, too! But I didn't really ask... so THANK YOU! heh, heh.