Wednesday, August 1

Playtime

KT is in an imaginary phase. She loves to play 'Mommy and Sister,' where she is the Mommy and I am the Sister (Daughter). Sometimes she tells me, "Honey, I have to go to work now! You can stay here and take care of our Baby (doll). Don't forget to change her diaper! Bye!" It's cute. When I'm feeling mischievous, I sit on a chair and demand that she bring me snacks, made in her play-kitchen. She doesn't know to say, "You can get up and get your own snack," like her mother does. Heh, heh. Other times she pretends that she has a date with her boyfriend, Derek. And her name, in this instance, is Emily, thankyouverymuch. When she calls me "Mom" instead of "Mommy," I am required to know to respond with, "Yes, Emily?" If I don't, she'll pause and wait for me to figure it out. I don't know where she learned the name Derek. We don't know anyone with that name. But I know that he takes her to restaurants, and that she changes into a dress to get ready for these dates, and she carries her purse.

She is pretty fun.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Bar none - the best thing I will read all day. Or all week for that matter. LOVE!

ya-ya ma said...

LOL!!

nicole said...

So funny how they perceive the world. I am terrible at these imaginary games. I'm just not patient enough.

bessie.viola said...

That is so entirely adorable, I cannot even stand it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the imaginary play!