Monday, October 29

As it should be

We survived the first of several Weekends of Festivity. A family date-night at the bowling alley, a scouting day camp, 2 birthday parties, and a sleepover at our house. And we managed to go to Mass and do (most of) the grocery shopping. I am impressed with us, aren't you?

Yesterday after the 2nd birthday party, held at a park in the suddenly freezing temperatures, KT and I were most thrilled to snuggle up under our blanket with a big bowl of popcorn, and watch a Tinkerbell movie. It was grey outside and the boys were away, and, oh, man, did I revel in the comfort of a free, cozy afternoon. We watched the whole movie, start to finish! I had forgotten just how rare that scenario has become in my life. Partly because of not having time, but partly because it's so rare that kids stay still that long!.But she did. She was tired, thank heaven and fresh air.

After that, I turned on the heat (yay!), and made Taco Night for dinner. (I can't just say, "tacos;" it doesn't feel right.) I've discovered (way past time) chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. You can just BUY these?! In a can! So I had a chipotle-chicken version and a regular Old El Paso seasoning kit version. And we always have Scoops chips on-hand to make "mini-tacos" after we finish our full-sized tacos. 

I forgot to say that Friday I had the day off! Bless-ed PTO! It was parent-teacher-conferences day so we met with AJ's teacher, who was perfectly lovely and said nice things about our kid, even though we were late. Whoops. I don't remember what else we did but I let KT have the day off, too. I think I cleaned the kitchen after we got home from lunch. Oh! And I bought some plants for my front porch, which I now think looks very cute and welcoming! I would still like to get a small wooden bench to put up there, but a plant stand was a good start. We don't have a big, traditional Southern wraparound porch (shame), but we have plenty of surface area that needed a little decor. And I decided to give it some effort for once. ;)

This week is, of course, the dreaded Hallowe'en. Bleh. Kids up too late, out in the cold, and then have to go to school the very next morning? Who came up with this?! But after that (and our doctor's appointment on the same day), Grandmommy, Papa Joe, and Aunt Sissy arrive! The boys (even Papa Joe) are all headed off to Fort Benning for a Cub Scout campout, and the girls are going shopping! And possibly, to tea.KT suggested we need a bed big enough for all four of us (girls). Hee hee! I think we'll figure out some kind of sleeping arrangements.

Perhaps I'll try to get a little work done now -- squeezing it in from 9 to 5 as much as possible, mixed in with the good stuff, the real life, that's in the forefront in my mind. As it should be.

1 comment:

nicole said...

So cheerful! Love. :)