Friday, November 16

Weekly review of things: 7QT

Lots of things happened this week. :) Let me tell you them.

1. First of all, AJ got, and we have confirmed, his first loose tooth. Hooray! This is all very exciting and we've spent a lot of time talking about it; that it DOES feel weird and sort-of scary when a part of you is FALLING OUT; that saying "baby teeth" doesn't mean anyone thinks you're a baby, KT; that some kids lose teeth at around 5 years old, but others, not until 8 (or, last night, as AJ was telling his sister this very thing, he even stretched it to "8 or 9 because you're related to me so you may not lose them right away, either." He clearly has a secret wish she won't lose her first until after 8 and 4 months. Hee hee.

2. Yesterday the endocrinology office called to report that his labs all came back "normal, nothing for growth factor," and the doc still wants us to follow up in 4 months. Praise God! I always like phone calls from doctors that include the word "normal."

3. We have been working hard on eating habits. Unfortunately, we've also had a LOT of activities this week (it's possible November is WORSE than October for superfluous extra-curriculars), so we had McDonald's one night and then a cheap pizza buffet (fundraising night) the next. I mean, those are good, fatty foods for sure, and I think AJ ate plenty, but I wasn't monitoring or actively adding butter. LOL. Last night's Kraft mac and cheese was made using the "Classic prep" method-Plus: Half a stick of full-fat butter (what?!), whole milk, and because I put too much whole milk in before I realized it, I threw in a generous handful of cheddar cheese on top. Haha! Just casually tossed in a handful of extra cheese! So carefree! HOLY COW (literally), was that good mac. Yeah, I ate it.

4. KT visited a public elementary school yesterday, a field trip with her Pre-K class. I love this. I remember when I was four, I also got to visit a "big school." It was a childhood highlight. KT and her buddies saw the Kindergarteners perform some Thanksgiving songs (awww), and got to eat lunch in the cafeteria, with TRAYS and everything. Her favorite part was that they had "chocolate milk, vanilla milk, strawberry milk, and plain milk." I forgot to ask her which kind she chose.

5. I had my annual review. Let's all agree that annual reviews are stupid and annoying, but when they go nicely, they're sorta okay I guess. I have some new work things to try to improve, and some kudos for when I'm feeling low. I do not, however, have a raise. No one got any raises this year. Booooo. You suck, Economy.

6. (Yet to happen:) Thanksgiving lunch with KT at her school today. I can't wait to sit my fatass adult-sized frame down in one of those little red chairs. I love doing that. At least we know some of the parents, now that we've been attending each others' birthday parties for a couple of years. Wonder if I'll get a construction paper pilgrim hat, or Indian headdress? The good news is we did not MISS this event. Yesterday the school mistakenly posted on Facebook that her class had already HAD their luncheon, and there were tears in my cubicle, because WHAT IF I'd gotten the date wrong? I was picturing a forlorn KT, and believe me, you don't want to picture that. It hurts right in the heart.

7. (Yet to happen:) Date Night. On a whim, I asked our babysitter to come over tonight because DH and I are severely overdue. I think I've been a pretty decent roommate to him the last couple of months, but probably not a very good girlfriend. Sigh. We've just been so busy. And we're old. So, a night on the town! Doctor's orders! I don't want to see a movie -- I mean, I do, there are several I'd like to see, but I do NOT want to have to fight the mob that will be there to see Breaking Dawn 2 tonight -- so maybe we'll have dinner and then go shopping? No, scratch that -- we should definitely shop before we eat. Anyway, it will be good to only be the two of us for several hours, and to be away from the TV, couch and my blanket. (Our den is drafty, so when I get cold at 9:30pm I bundle up, and if I'm bundled up I'm basically asleep in five seconds. I'm a LOT of fun, let me tell you.)

Hope you're all as excited as I am that a very short week and its accompanying long vacation is coming up! More QTs at www.conversiondiary.com!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Love all this stuff. Yay for a loose tooth! Yay for the normal report! Yay for butter! (I am a BIG fan of butter.) Yay for school events! Yay for date night!

Now I must share my big news: My mother-in-law (86) is coming to live with us in 2 weeks. I am officially panicking. BUT, I'm about to go take a bath and read a book and NOT THINK! Because it's happening and it's OK!

Kathleen Basi said...

This was such a good slice of life post. It told me so much about yout! :)