Guess what's happening in my house right now? Repairs/remodeling, that's what! Yesterday they installed new lighting in the kitchen. So instead of the stupid ugly square flourescent, we now have 6 lovely recessed lights that make it so a person can actually SEE things in there! It's pretty amahzing. Today they're finishing up that ceiling, mudding and painting, and fixing the one in the master bedroom, as well. It's taking longer than I expected it would (and longer than they estimated). So I'm kind-of stuck here. With the kids, of course. I have today off and scheduled the work this week because the kids have the day off. But because the 2 rooms with TVs in them are the ones being worked on, we've been very confined to other spaces. Well, and outside. They're playing with the neighbors outside now, who got home from school an hour ago. (One of the weirdnesses of attending private school is that you might have different schedules and breaks than the neighbors. Which we do! Our Spring Break is next week and theirs is the week after.) Anyway, I'm starting to get bored and I'm quite tired of KT being whiny.
But otherwise, I'm excited about the whole project. It means that maybe we'll move ahead to the "consider putting it on the market" phase. Maybe. Someday. Probably not this spring. Maybe late summer. Or next spring. Who knows. We still have at least 2 rooms that must be painted and, let me see... 2 more that could stand to be painted. And a good majority of the baseboards and trim. And possibly that bannister I talked about at first. So that's a lot of additional work.
Right at the moment I'm glad I have the day off and I am sure I should try to get some work of my own done. I could work on the taxes (and in fact that is what I will do after finishing this blog post), or I guess I could start taping off at least one hallway, for trim-painting. We bought the paint and it already smells like paint fumes so it'd be a good time to do that.
But I'm just not feeling like DOING anything, honestly. I'm trying to let myself be OK with that. Regular days, we do so much. All of us, I mean. Humans. Parents in the year 2013. We never just have a day where we can eat lunch outside, lay down on the grass for a while, sit on the couch, take a little nap, watch Karate Kid on Netflix on the laptop.... and I've done all those things today. I washed and folded some towels, too (though not the shoes my DH asked me to throw in with those towels - I forgot), so I feel like I've accomplished plenty, for my day off. Take a Day Off, I say. Just revel in the kindness of doing nothing.
2 comments:
"the kindness of doing nothing" - I love that. Brilliant turn of phrase, you!
We had a few hours like that on Saturday morning and it felt so good.
YAY for remodeling! You must post pictures, I love seeing before/afters.
Dern. My comment got eaten.
Post a Comment