Friday, June 7

Bird dream

I dreamed last night (early this morning, actually), that I was lying on a carpeted floor, near a window that had blinds on it. The blinds were closed. At the top there was a gray/brownish bird, half-hidden behind the blinds. I couldn't tell, at first, if his head was peeking over the top -- I didn't see a face or a beak. Next, the bird flew out of the blinds and attacked my neck on the right side. It latched on and chewed. I physically felt a pain there and it woke me up. I even cried out, in my sleep.

Of course I went looking for this:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/birds/

"Bird attacking: Fear of ideas, ideals or opinions; verbal or mental (suggestions or suggestive behaviour) attack by others; fear of going beyond ones narrow boundaries. Be daring and face the restrain that holds you back." [Emphasis mine.]

Interesting. (I've always remembered dreams easily and always loved dream "interpretation.")

-----

One other related thing: When I read with KT in her bed, I'm always looking to the left to see the book that she insists on holding, so the right side of my neck gets tired/sore.

(But I've also been doing yoga the last two nights, before bed. Overall I think it's going to help with the soreness/pain.)

No comments: