I'm starting to feel excited about our Spring Break plans to go to Pensacola. Still feel guilty over Shawn not coming. When we talked about how we'd divide up the week to cover the kids' week off, we knew we wouldn't have overlapping days off. Always a bummer. But I started feeling a little jealous of all the families (on FB; Rrrrrrr, FB - one of its major drawbacks) who were planning their trips to wherever. We always have our summer vacation week and our annual road trip to see Nanny, and have definitely painted Disney red a few times. So our kids are not deprived by any means. Oh, and our lovely Spring Break day in Chattanooga 2 years ago, being touristy.
BUT, since last year we stayed at home and hung out with the real estate agent on various days, and the year before that, we had old-house repairs done before our one day in TN, I thought maybe this year we should have somewhat of a vacation, not just 5 "days off at home." I mean, if I had my druthers I'd spend an entire week reading, doing an hour of yoga, having coffee on my front porch, taking walks and hikes and picnics, playing board games for an hour, maybe shopping. And that would restore me and I would be so grateful. But (they would never just leave me alone and agree to 1 hour of games, and) I know how it is when you're a kid. A whole week off is this big invitation to possibility! Maybe it will be FUN! Filled with excitement!
SO. Shawn's taking Monday and Tuesday (there have been mentions of arcades and putt-putt), and I'm taking Wed-Thurs-Fri, and the 3 of us will head out Thursday morning to drive to my parents', conveniently located on the Gulf Coast. It's a good deal I've got, no? Anytime I want, a house near the beach with a pool. I've requested a little dinner party so we can hang out with cousins and aunt and uncle and make merry, and I would like to drive over to the beach one day, too.
Like I said, I'm sad about Shawn's absence. We've never vacationed apart, although I know that couples do it all the time and it shouldn't be a big deal. It isn't, really, but I know he'd like a vacation, too. Sorry, honey. I'm only going for the kids. ;) We'll Skype you every night. (Or we'll leave you alone to watch action movies and play Xbox in peace.) xo
No comments:
Post a Comment