Wednesday, July 8

Home decor, yippie!

We just ordered this pretty patio table and chairs set, on sale, for delivery next week. And an umbrella. YAY!! I am so excited for dinners and weekend mornings outside. Shawn said he expects to always be asking "Where's your Mom?" and the kids to answer, "Outside on the patio," after we get this set...since I've insisted we get it so... heartily.

He and I have been having so much fun homecaring the last week or so, since coming back from vacation, that it's really starting to feel like "We have a beautiful home we are proud of." This makes me happy. We've bought and hung (expensive-ish) framed art, put up some curtains in the main living room, cleaned top to bottom, including the front porch ceiling, columns and windows, and picked up the kids' crap which is usually everywhere. God love 'em. I hope they don't feel like they can't just BE, in the house. We don't nag too much, I don't think. When Kate's stuff multiplies we just pile it up on the bench in the den and ask her to take it upstairs. Sometimes she does that. Sometimes we even help her. And shoes. Socks and shoes seem to also fly all over the house and land in the middles of rooms.

Mom and Dad are planning to haul their piano, which was Grandmother's piano, to our house soon. I am excited about this, definitely. I've never "wanted" it before because I really didn't have any place for it. Now I actually have a place, and really, have wanted it all along. How awesome will it be to have a real piano, and the one I played as a child? I think THAT room will start to feel like a grown-up living room, as well, as soon as it's installed. I am a bit sorry for them, not to have a piano at their house anymore. But Mom says no one ever plays it down there, so I'm trying not to be sad. Nor think about the general idea that they're giving me big furniture, as generations do... nope, not thinking about that.

Next up on the projects list: A gallery wall upstairs. We have some items ready for it, and have Pinterested some ideas and tips for inspiration. Just need to find the time to work on it and hammer those holes into the wall. :) We still need to figure out a bookshelf solution for the guest room/play room. And last on my list is to find something new to hang over the bed in the master bedroom.

Well, not last. There's never really a last project with a home, is there? Thank goodness. More fun to come. Future projects: extend the back patio slab (and make it nicer-looking), which will then require fixing/replacing the fence on that side of the house... Fire Pit and comfy chairs around it... this morning I was thinking about a little running bird-bath / water-feature.... lots in the backyard, it would seem!

No comments: