Monday, August 10

9 Things on my Mind That Aren't Work

My mind needs an "Out of office" message today; no room for this job! I'm buzzing about:
  1. A happy report from 2 kids who had good first half-days at school
  2. Alex's signup for Band, meaning we'll have to either buy or rent an instrument of some sort here, soon
  3. Kate's gymnastics camp and the school friend who also wants to sign up... but that we might need to move Kate to a different day, to accommodate Alex, who also wants to sign up, and for whom I would like a class that has more boys his age
  4. My driving/flex schedule, and telling the kids I'm not doing carpool this year, instead they'll do Aftercare every day (if I do, indeed, decide that)
  5. Is it too much? Monday - Boy Scouts, Wed - Girl Scouts and piano/choir, Thurs - gymnastics, plus instrument and piano practice?? OR is now the time for them to be digging in and finding out what they want to pursue in the future (somehow I think scouts might not last for either of them)?
  6. PTO/vacation days - I think I will be able to accommodate several school holidays this fall and the Middle School Dances (committee member!), except for the day of Parent-Teacher Conferences, which is a student holiday (Darling Husband, can you take 10/23 off?)
  7. Remaining PTO days and even The Holidays; yes, already thinking about that week off
  8. The large piece of Harry and David milk chocolate sitting on my desk - should I eat it immediately or save it for an emergency chocolate situation?
  9. Yoga - I've taken nearly an entire week off and I miss it. Even just the fifteen minutes at a time that I can manage. I want to get BETTER at it, too, but how/when?

So you can see there isn't any work getting done.

No comments: