Kate has discovered The Mall. More specifically, Justice and Claire's (which she adorably called "Clairey's" this weekend, thinking the "e" was more than silent). We had to go there during Labor Day weekend, to pick up a wedding shower gift at Macy's, and since we had the day off, I just decided we'd walk around and explore. And... well, Kate insisted she needed go back this past weekend, too. :) We had smoothies from Smoothie King (had a coupon), visited Claire's and Justice and The Disney Store, and Bath and Body Works (all the important ones), sat down in one store and rested our feet from all the walking, ate lunch in the food court, gave in to frozen yogurt after lunch (I am a sucker), and then figured we'd had enough for one day!
Our mall isn't all that close to home, although we've taken the kids there a few times before. It's always fun for me to see their little minds blown over so many stores in one place. These last two times, Kate has commented on how good the mall smells. As soon as you open the door, you get this sweet whiff of shopping and cotton candy or something. I love it, too, and love that she loves it.
She's not interested in getting her ears pierced, although I won't be surprised if that comes up at Claire's in the next couple of years.
On a related note, something about girls-growing-up-too-fast, yesterday she sent this message to her Daddy from my phone, while I was busy doing something else:
--------
Totally unrelated book talk: Check out the awesome comments on this post. Sherry, need any more recommendations?? I got several from this discussion, namely I was reminded again of The Shell Seekers, which my mom has been urging me to read for oh, about 20 years now. !!

2 comments:
Oh how fun! I love getting to have those "girl's days" - this age is just perfect for it.
The texting is so adorable too! Growing up so fast!
Madison's texts look very similar! I did go and get some more book recommendations! Now I have lists of books spilling from every corner of my pocketbook. I'm reading I Am Forbidden right now. Not sure what I think about it yet!
Post a Comment