Monday, January 23

Health Kick 2017!

It's the first full week of the Challenge! I'm excited about it, and curious, and really wanting to do well and get all 35s! (5 points per habit, and there are 7 habits each day.) Most of the habits are EASY: 50 oz. of water, check. 7.25 hours of sleep, pretty easy usually. Mobility/stretching, no problem. Reflection, why sure, I'll journal for you! Even the Lifestyle practice this week is easy -- it's to write down 3 goals every day, by hand. They don't require that you DO the goals, just that you write them. (Sneaky, aren't they? Getting you to see those goals every day... Obviously it'll make you want to start working toward them... clever, clever tactic.)

The food restrictions and exercise are the hard parts for me, but as I said, I'm enthusiastic right now, and hopeful for some great, visible results, so we'll see. 

Man, our weekend was bonkers. We never really got to relax. We're in that stage of life, I guess. Saturday Kate had an 8:00 am basketball game, and Alex had his piano lesson at 9:00. Then Kate and I went to the Girl Scouts' Mother-Daughter Tea at 11, and Alex had to help at the school's Open House since he's on Student Council. Everyone was home by about 4:00, and I rushed to Publix to do my shopping (WLC prep and weekly meals!). I made it home by 5:30, just in time to throw the cold things in the freezer/fridge, change clothes, and go out to dinner to celebrate Shawn's birthday! What a whirlwind. Nice that it's always a lonnnnng meal there; we actually got to SIT. Also nice that red wine isn't forbidden on the WLC level I'm playing -- I enjoyed myself a delicious glass of Cabernet. Ahhhhhh. The kids enjoyed their first fondue and we were SO FULL afterwards.

Then Sunday was our regular Mass time, which eats up the entire morning, and at 2:00 we made the drive to Alpharetta to watch the Falcons win the NFC Championship!! It was so fun! What a great game. The Packers played terribly (thank God). So now we're really, really excited for the Super Bowl! I will undoubtedly get zero points for nutrition on February 5.

No comments: