Monday, July 17

Mid-July Thoughts

Hm. I could turn on my Calm app for white noise and continue working, or I could turn on the Calm app for white noise and start writing purely for myself, here.

Which one will I choose??

 - - - - - -

This was the easiest weekend we've had in a GOOD WHILE, due to summer, with all its traveling days. I was so happy to have Sunday coffee on my patio yesterday morning, with the backyard birds. It wasn't hot, but there was no breeze - a breeze would have helped. Still, though. Alex joined me for a while, and I didn't mind since I wasn't interested in reading my book (one of his, that I'm not enjoying yet, but reading it because he wanted me to). Our weekend was very "normal." We saw a movie, went to church Saturday night, dinner afterwards. Laundry and groceries on Sunday, the end.

I did succeed with last night's dinner. We had marinated pork tenderloin (1/4c. soy, 1/4c. bourbon, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, marinate all day, bake at 400 for 45 minutes), roasted potatoes and French cut green beans. Everyone was pleased: Mommy actually TRIED! I even made banana pudding, at Kate's request and since I can EAT SUGAR again! lololol I'm going to have to be careful with it in the house! Anyway, it's a step up from all the lazy meals I've been serving lately.  For the rest of the week, I'm back to lazy again.

M: hot dogs w/chili, and fries
T: crock pot chicken tortilla soup, if I even have chicken. I can't remember putting it into the freezer so I hope I did.
W: homemade pizzas
Th: no idea what I put on the menu, probably nothing - ooh, guess what I just remembered we have? HAM. probably with corn. Or maybe eggs - omelets? Maybe.
F: I always leave it open in case of Friday Can't-Even Syndrome

So it's a good thing we had that nicely prepared meal yesterday, ha!

It's time to gather school uniforms and try things on. I got Kate and Alex to do a little of that yesterday. We're good on shoes. We need a new jumper for Kate, and shirts/pants/gym shorts for Alex. Will have to do more trying on soon.

I'm really struggling with the damn iPads. I sort-of want to lock them up in a safe and hide the key. I want the kids to READ and PLAY and READ READ READ. I know they can't spend all day, every day reading. But it seems like they spend all day, every day iPadding, so.... Of course, last week they went to gymnastics camp from 8 to 5 every day, no iPads allowed. And with Carli, I know they play, swim, and do other things. (They're planning 2 hikes a week for the rest of the summer!) They're really doing better than I see - when I'm home, they go for the devices and it's all I see, but they're not on them all day, I know that. I will feel better when school's in session. We do have rules for schooldays.

I hate my job I hate my job.

I'm grateful for my job, I'm grateful I can work from home this Friday since Carli needs the day off.

No comments: