Tuesday, May 21

What is May if not a huge To-Do List?


  • Buy graduation cards and write checks for M. in P'cola and B. in Alpharetta.
  • Get Emissions tested
  • Tag used uniforms for Friday sale DONE*
  • Prep Kate's textbooks to sell to the 4th grader we always sell to
  • Help with 8th grade graduation night refreshments/clean-up**
  • Choir rehearsal (last one!) and get fruit to take to the party***
  • 7:30 a.m. dentist appointment Thursday morning
  • Noon dismissal Friday and Work From Home - email boss DONE
  • Start buying Care Package stuff and writing out cards for kids' summer camp
  • Do kids need anything else for camp? Shoes? Sunscreen? Duffle bags? DUFFLE BAGS
  • Get something nice for baby C. who is our godson and who will be baptized June 1!!
  • Buy myself a swimsuit since I haven't had a new one in a couple of years 
  • Buy Alex khakis and black dress shoes since he's growing^
  • Make my annual doctor's appointment because I've run out of Singulair
  • Fix W4s because we need more money coming in, less being withheld
  • Send first marching band payment DONE
  • Help dust and vacuum upstairs hahaha

There is a reason I can't focus on work-work, JEEZ.

* I have tagged about 30 uniforms already, and have another full bin of uniforms to sell next time, and then after the last day of school (Friday) I will have even MORE, because Kate is moving up to middle school and it's an entirely new uniform. Gah! I hope I make some money. Well, I hope I break even.

** Last year I was so touched by the moms who served refreshments after Alex's 8th grade graduation - I didn't realize there was a reception, and they worked so hard getting the food set up - it was beautiful and we were very hungry so I was super grateful. Even though it means driving all the way (25 minutes) back to school tonight, I'm happy to volunteer for this.

*** Again, I'll be going all the way back to school/church after dropping Kate off at home at 5:30, but this is our last choir rehearsal of the school year and my last for a while. I've decided to back out of the church choir for next year -- I simply can't dedicate the time and besides that, I have not enjoyed the new/old director. "For that reason, I'm OUT." No guilt. (Maybe a little guilt.)

^ Remembering all those old posts about Alex's height and weight being in the 1st percentile, or the 3rd, and visiting the endocrinologist. He's almost as tall as me (5'2"), which is still not tall, but much taller, and one doctor doubted he could ever reach 5 feet. Anyway, whenever there's an event he needs to dress up for, he has to dig for nice-enough pants (we just don't buy them that often). Whoops. 

No comments: