Tuesdays are now my office days, necessary because Shan and I are handling our Education department, and with virtual classes only, we are mailing out course materials each week for the next week's participants. It's a lot of FedExing. But hey, if I have to go in, at least there is work to be done, and at least it's still only once a week. Our boss has said he still doesn't want everyone back full-time. I am so thankful for him. Not thankful that he got COVID, but it has definitely worked in favor of those who don't want to go back to the office full-time, like myself.
This feeling of the strangeness of heading to the office, though -- it's odd like everything else this year, I suppose. It feels weird to blow-dry my hair and have to choose shoes. Putting the coffee into a travel mug... I wonder if those things will ever be so mundane that I don't think about them, again.
An aside: I bought myself a new coffee mug for home this weekend, from Publix. One of my favorites, from my college, chipped on the rim, and that is no good at all. I regretfully threw it in the trash. While shopping several weeks ago, I had seen a mug that said, "I'm not feeling very Worky today" -- and wanted it so badly! So me! Unfortunately, I am so cheap that the extra $5.00 wasn't a "necessary" spend -- this was before my college mug broke... but I have regretted it ever since because it sold out immediately (I've looked every time I've been to Target since then). The new one is bright orange and not as adorable, but makes me happy, especially because it was $1.99.
Alex goes back to in-person marching band practice today, as well. With all kinds of rules, of course, and thank goodness: Rules about where to park so the directors can come to your car to take pre-rehearsal temperatures. Rules about where to stand after you get out of the car. Rules for the brass instruments about covering their bells. Rules about promptness for pickup because they can't gather anywhere in a group to wait for latecomers. No sharing snacks during breaks. No water jugs to refill your water bottles. No parents can congregate to watch rehearsal (one of the most fun things). STILL: I am so glad they get to do this. I hope and pray everyone behaves so 1) no one gets sick, and 2) they get to keep doing it. It's just for football season, and they're only playing at home games, and not everyone will get to play at every game because there isn't room, social-distance-wise, for every band kid in the section of bleachers assigned to them. Sigh. But it's something, and they will practice together. Amen and Amen.
....annnnnd I've just been reminded that something huge is due today and I haven't yet done it. There is so much going on, all the time, at work and I dropped the ball! AgH. So today in the office is going to be a scramble. I've gotta go, but I do want to catalog three yummy dinners we're having this week!
S - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn (haven't made meatloaf in so long. it's a classic for a reason.)
M - Creamy Parmesan one-pan chicken/rice with steamed broccoli
T - Calzones made w/Crescent rolls and chicken sausage, salad
2 comments:
How has marching band been going?
I am finding more and more little pockets of "normalcy." I wonder if this is just that we are slowly -- very slowly, and still only partly -- getting back into more "normal" routines, like school and weekly grocery shopping? Or is it that we have had enough time to form routines that now seem normal? Not sure.
Hope work is going great!
He is so glad to be going to marching band, and it's been great so far. Everyone following the rules from what I can tell, no covid reports!
It's a smart distinction you make, about whether we're "returning" to normal or just getting used to the new normal. I suspect it will never really return to the Before Normal.
Post a Comment