FINALLY, school is over in this house! It seemed to drag on this week -- especially because one kid was finished with his last exam on Wednesday morning, but the other kid had 2 more days to go. But today as of noon, they are both officially on summer vacation, woo hoo!
I can feel palpable relief in the air. Kate said, "RIP my bedtime!" with glee. (Me: "I... hope you won't stay up 'til 3 a.m. every night....?" Her: (stares blankly at me). Teenagers.
This morning Shawn asked me to water the backyard with our sprinkler (not an installed system, just the old-school revolving one at the end of a hose), and even that felt kind-of like summer fun, getting wet but not minding, when I moved it every half-hour. :)
At 2:00 p.m. I will drive her over to CVS to get her first dose of the vaccine! And THEN we will get some double-celebratory ice cream.
In the next 2 summer months, I'm looking forward to:
- Popsicles
- Quiet mornings while they sleep in
- More grilling and maybe even patio dinners
- Enjoying our backyard and my flowers (and tomatoes - looks like so far we're going to have a great crop from our one plant!)
- Fruit: Strawberries, melon, cherries
- Maybe a rewatch of Mrs. Maisel, which was My Show last summer and is just so fun
- Pedicures
- Maybe some new clothes for myself - I spend so much time thinking about clothes for the kids
- A little bit of sun on my legs, face
- Going in to my office more (HA! Just a little joke!)
- My birthday!
- Our beach trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment