Friday, September 1

August Review

The notes not in parentheses are what I wrote in my planner/journal this morning: 

I definitely went to the office more regularly (didn't love it but a few free lunches were nice), drank more water, and maybe did more meditation and prayer (these were my stated Aug goals). Made some progress with the foot pain by buying 2 different night splints and using them. (Why my podiatrist skipped over that particular treatment suggestion, I do not know, but I'm mad at him about it. I'm nearly a year into this "journey." :/ But I think the splints are going to help.) Aug was so busy with school starting back, and high school vball. And Alex moving back to Athens. I wish there'd been a little more socializing (but the social aspects of hs vball have been good so far). 

I wish I could figure out when to go to P'cola for a visit. Guess that's a Sept. goal. 

Other wins: Took that PTO Friday and enjoyed reading, working out, doing NOTHING. Learned GHSA vball scorekeeping and libero tracking! InDesign projects (at work)! :) NEW appliances! New HHS vball friends, and Kate having her friends here last Friday (in the backyard, with the hanging lights)! :)

Looking fwd to in Sept: LONG WKND! Lots of HHS vb! Maybe cooler weather? Decorating for fall/Halloween. Flooring estimates and paint estimates. 


So, hi. Busy, blah blah, as usual. Summer ended abruptly when school started and it's been a quick month, like all of 2023 -- where has it gone?! It was just January a minute ago!

I will say work feels better. I took my advice (and read a lot of motivational Instagram posts) and have just stopped being so concerned about it. Ha! Light and capable. Whatever. One additional thought has helped me in the last couple of weeks, particularly. Especially in a job like mine where every day is SO full with meetings... I mean, I have weekly meetings with several individuals, then project team meetings, and monthly all-staff meetings. It's ALWAYS... but these are just hour-blocks of time wherein I (get to) talk to people. And the work, itself, just gives us something to talk about within those personal interactions. But the focus should be more on the personal interactions. 

I don't know, it's been working. 

Today I'm at home, for the first time all week, and I am hoping to slay a lot of projects one after the other, so I can go into the long weekend with NOTHING hanging. I mean, obviously there will still be work next Tuesday, but no leftover tasks, if I can do it right.

So I can't stay and chat, but I wanted to check in with my thoughts. And you friends. :) Happy Friday. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Thanks for the always interesting update, Lee. I love the thought of being "less concerned."