I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about 2023, though, and have concluded it is important for me to surrender it -- to lay it down and leave it in the past. I'm also walking into the new year with no concrete resolutions. I want this year to be lived instead of just survived. I want to enjoy things, not just get through them. I want to feel unbothered, not always behind. I want to feel hopeful and sure, and I feel like the only way to do any of these things is to take one day at a time, with openness.
Late yesterday, I saw a job listing that immediately caught my eye and piqued my interest. I hit "Apply," then sent a quick email as well. Auspicious, on January 1? Maybe. It felt good to go to sleep last night with a little hope in my heart, that I might wake up to a positive reply. (Nothing yet, but the day is young.)
Here's wishing that same small-but-significant amount of hope to get all of us going every day in this new year.
2 comments:
So glad to have a post from you (with no pressure -- I completely understand). Loved every word of this post and your plan for 2024.
Lovely. Thank you, Lee. I had a friend say she wanted to "tread more lightly" this year, which I thought was a beautiful sentiment, and perhaps similar to yours. Of course, she quickly added she also needed to do more cardio. Hee-hee.
Post a Comment