Friday, October 25

Poor, Neglected Blog

August, September, and most of October -- definitely the longest I've gone without posting here, since starting this gig almost 20 years ago. Some recappy notes:

  • Sent Alex back to UGA for his junior year, but have enjoyed a few visits with him coming home since then
  • Did tons and tons of work-work
  • Prayed a LOT about my job
  • Submitted resumes/applications to at least 7 jobs
  • Appreciated working from home
  • Watered lots of grass ;)
  • Went to two amazing concerts: Billy Pilgrim and Keane
  • Sent Kate to Homecoming looking all grown up and beautiful
  • Sent her to Jacksonville Beach with her friend, for late-Sept. Fall Break
  • Welcomed her home with mono (!)
  • Had one fun night (so far) with friends, making use of our fire pit and new patio
  • Didn't get called/emailed/acknowledged by any of those dumb jobs
  • Wished my manager well, as he was let go
  • Had a very uncomfortable meeting with the CEO, but didn't lose my job (pros/cons on that one)
  • Went to a UGA football game and Alex got to sit with us (no longer in the band!)
  • Helped my parents a bit in Pensacola after a harrowing week of Dad's Parkinson's (seems better now)

Bringing us to now. 

Currently, it's a Friday, I'm WFH, burning a cinnamon-apple candle, and just went outside for some sunshine therapy and stretching. It's a lovely 64 degrees this morning and leaves are starting to turn here. I have 2 meetings, maybe 3, and hoping for time to make chocolate chip cookies today or tonight, just because. Shawn and I plan to go vote early tomorrow morning, and I have a haircut scheduled in the afternoon.  

I'm trying to feel peace even amid all the somewhat not-peaceful things that still swirl around. Grabbing it where I can: sunshine and stretching, baking, naps on the couch. I don't know if my brain has capacity, or desire, to write it all down here. I do know this: all of the seasons -- the waiting ones, the uncertain ones, the indecisive ones -- are part of God's Plan, too. So I guess things are good. 

Everything is as it should be. xo

1 comment:

suzanne day by day said...

Always happy to see a post from you! The work stuff sounds really challenging, but you have a wonderful attitude about life and I love that.