The lists are going to eat me alive. I'm making more lists. I'm making lists to organize my lists. I want to clean everything. I want to put away stuff in AJ's new room so when I glance in there I don't see loose screws and brackets rolling around on the nightstand. I want to BAAAAAAKE. Lemon Poppyseed bread, cookies, heck, I even want to make banana pudding which I don't really like (but hubby does) and I feel like Making Stuff and making him Happy. And I happen to have some pudding mix on-hand.
This is nesting, right?
Other things that are insane:
- That my manager can't say "Staff meeting at 10," he has to say "staff meet at 10." Meet. Never MEET-ING. Not even "Mtg." "meet." All lowercase. Makes me twitch.
- That my back-door neighbor, always a strange yardbird, and that's the only way we know him, really, by watching him do yardwork.... decided yesterday to pile all of his raked leaves in the drainage ditch that runs through his yard.... and ours. So, we're all under a drought watch and outdoor watering ban, right? He can't burn the leaves until we get about four feet of rain and are able to use our hoses again. And whose yard is going to flood if we DO get any rain? That's right, mine. His leaves are going to cause a backup, I just know it. So he burned a few last night in a barrel, which, despite the outdoor watering ban *HELLO SAFETY VIOLATION I WANTED TO CALL THE COPS,* was preferable to letting them sit in the ditch... I think?
- Three-year-olds.
- That this week my only two freelance projects both come due, GAH, while I have no free time because of an influx of office work projects, too! I'll handle it, just... pardon me one more time while I WHII-YI-Y-YIIINE.
- That AJ turned down his beloved Pop Tart this morning for a Clementine instead. What the... who the...?
I should point out that my Dear Husband could sense my sanity level sinking this weekend (might have been all the crying out loud) and ushered me out of the house on Sunday afternoon. I had my nails done. It was lovely.
EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, guys. Really sorry. I just revisited my archives from the last, what, 3 months? and every other post has been, "I'm stressed and I'm busy." BULLlAAAGHGAHH. So boring. I will try to come up with a different topic, I sware. ;)
5 comments:
Before I was through the first paragraph, I was thinking, "nesting much?" But, obviously you already figured that one out.
As for the insanity - Im sorry :( and you are entertaining when you are whining. So, it is a win/win. you get to vent and I get to giggle. But not at you, just with you.
Anybody up for a girls' getaway????
B-ham?????
Your first paragraph sounds just like me except.... I'm not pregnant. Oops, just an obsessive list maker I guess. Don't forget to rest and relax in between the ole' nesting business.
What good is a blog if you can't blow off a little steam.
http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/
Definitely nesting! I climbed on the back of my sofa when I was days away from delivering to take down my curtains, wash them, iron them and re-hang them so that my baby wouldn't come home to dusty curtains. My husband would have had me hogtied if he had caught me.
The "staff meet" thing would irk me, too!
HA! Bet he's thinking of "swap meet."
I happen to adore stressed and busy posts. On-the-fly writing tends to be awesome. When people have too much time, they overthink it and start counting blessings and BORRRRing.
Post a Comment