Today I am having lunch with a friend -- a non-work friend -- at a Mexican restaurant. I am so excited about it. She's the mom of a classmate of AJ's, and really lovely.
And it's good timing, because my brain won't shut itself off. I need to get out, open the windows, let some sunshine and conversation in. I have multiple blog post drafts sitting in the back-end, here, about (WARNING>>> SSDD ahead...) my feelings about my career. I can't decide if I'm more angsty about working full-time and wanting that to change, or more angsty about this company and its leaders and this job in particular. It's best if I don't spew it all out here; I'll save it for Julie today and maybe the live talking will serve me better than this self-focused typing. Maybe she'll interrupt me with some insight that will save me from the stupid downward thinking spiral.
Annnnnnd I've also not been working out, again. See how that works? TOMORROW it changes. Planning a trip to the pool, at least, and workouts next week in earnest.
----
School starts here in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's definitely been a nice summer, very relaxed as far as the daily schedule is concerned. I have not missed my 5:00 a.m. Tues/Thurs. wake-ups! In fact, I just don't know if I can hack that again this year. (I said the same last year but ended up doing it.) I DO want those extra hours with AJ; I like the idea of flex-time to make Parenting work; and I have heard that 3rd grade is a huge homework year at our school, so I want to be around to assist him if needed, but... Well, if I do it I'll have to muster up all my reserves of SuperMom juice. Because ugh.
P.S. My neck is feeling somewhat better. It sux getting old.
2 comments:
3rd and 4th grades were booty kickings everywhere we've been. Won't lie.
As for the rest - venting will help!
So glad you're getting lunch with a friend that is not related to work. I'm sure it will be good for your soul.
Our two experiences with 3rd grade homework have been fine. The main differences were down to the kids in question--one got more done at school, while one had more at home.
Good luck!
Post a Comment