This morning I heard two songs on the radio that I want to download immediately:
Goo Goo Dolls: Better Days (2005)
and
Brandon Heath: I'm Not Who I Was (2007)
I'm also psyched about a few of the songs from this album, by my real-life friend from college. Go listen! Buy! He is very, very talented.
I've been compiling a list of other songs I want, and I'm excited to have a big gift card for iTunes from Christmas. New music is something I haven't wanted in a long time. I think because I so rarely get to listen to my iPod anyway -- or if I do, it's with AJ in the car, and he requests the same songs every time. Good songs! But the same ones. "Particle Man," "No! No! No!," and the Spiderman theme song as sung by the Ramones (I think). :)
All these songs I want are really calm, acoustic-y ones, which complements my theme for early 2008 -- trying to relax myself and chill out before the impending Unrelaxed State due Feb 24th. I hope one of these becomes a real favorite. During AJ's birth, I had a very sweet song stuck in my head (Amy Grant's "My Jesus, I Love Thee"), and I really hope that happens again for this Baby's entrance to the world. I might have to employ the iPod, actually, to make it happen. We'll see.
- - - - - ...and now back to our regularly scheduled complaining... - - - - -
Okay, this third trimester stuff is really just NOT a whole lot of fun, can I tell you? In the past week I've had a couple of very painful nights of crampy bullsh*t, where my lower abdomen just feels like it's on FIRE. They're not regular-interval cramps like contractions, just one loooong contraction I guess. On top of that, the pelvic pain and hip pain is beginning to really hurt during the night. I mean, I do sit most of the day, and commute; there is a lot of weight helping gravity's natural tendency there. And the launch-pad's creaky beams are making room and making ready, so okay, I can deal. I know it's all normal -- the doctor told me so -- and I'm not a first-timer. I'm trying not to get all het up about "normal."
I'm also getting BIGGER as we speak, and last week I had to go buy, 5 weeks before I'm due mind you, 3 pairs of pants in size large because my mediums are just not working anymore. Fine, whatever, I'm Large and in Charge. But on top of the pain already emanating from down there, Monday I wear some of the new pants without washing them first (desperate times), and the seam is so rough on the insides of my (dry, can't-reach-'em-with-lotion) thighs that now I also have to deal with flaming, bumpetty skin.
Gah. It is no wonder pregnant women waddle. (Warm baths every night have been very helpful for the contrax, by the way, although I can't lay down in the bath. I just sit there and pour big cupfuls of water over my shoulders for about 30 minutes. Quite nice. Send more bubble bath.)
What does a girl have to do to get a doc to write "Bed Rest" on a little white slip of paper? Because I'm thinking that would make it allllll better.
7 comments:
Glad you posted - I was gettng ready to send you a "how ya feeling?" email. Im thinkning that Feb 24th is not in the cards for you with the way you describe things. More like Feb10th! Connor says Feb 3rd is a great day! He highly recommends it.
Aw man that sounds rough. Maybe if you cry at your next doctor visit he'll write you that little note you need. Tears always seems to work ; )
1. i lo-hu-huv that goo goo dolls song. so sweet.
2. I get the bumpy inner thigh thing too. (And Im not preggers anymore) Aveeeeeeeno (or whatever it is) has worked wonders for me.
3. Want me to send a note to your boss insisting on bedrest? Im way good at forging dr.s signatures-
4. and holy cow! youre so close! like a month away!! home stretch! (or should i say home stretchmark?)
Yeah, I know I have a million things to do and should be working, but just a quick comment to sympathize. Have you read askmoxie lately? Lots of people talking about how they hated being pregnant. Somebody told me it was Mother Nature's way of making you extra glad when the baby comes. That was probably my problem -- I had such an easy pregnancy that I went into MAJOR SHOCK when M arrived!
Oh, I remember those days so well. Especially the hip pain. What is up with that? Also? In the last three weeks, I had to go out and buy some new EXTRA large pants. I was huuuggge!
Hang in there! Just a few more weeks.
Huh! Doesn't sound fun, this pregnancy thing. But hugs and kisses to you! Here's to getting the perfect song stuck in your head for this baby girl.
Hey, um, JILLY: NO, pregnancy IS GREAT!!! Really, it IS!! You totally want to be pregnant because it is soooo awesome. :) Seriously, you won't regret it.... I swear.
*coughcough*
Post a Comment