Well! After a particularly good morning on the work-front, wherein I completed Contract Negotiations for one client (sounds impressive but has really been a giant pain in my ass for 4 months -- or is that a pain in my giant ass?), compiled some data and made Pivot Tables for my boss (hear me ROAR! Pivot Tables are HARD for me! Excel-hater here...), and wrote a stunning, "outstanding" email to another client (acc'd to the VP who reviewed it).... I am pretty much mentally pooped. It may be all I can do to read blogs and appear busy the rest of the day.
I also need something chocolate. Oh, vending machine? I fly to thee.
However, my productivity shall continue tonight: I plan to pack the ever-important hospital bag. I think I can get away with a small-ish tote bag this time. All I'm going to take are the following:
-- iPod and ear buds (but they live in my purse)
-- magazines like People and Cosmo: no real books!
-- lip balm
-- gum
-- a present for AJ "from Baby Sister"
-- my camera, OBVIOUSLY
-- a couple of nightgown-type garments for me
-- a couple of going-home-type garments for her
-- a few snacks I like... i.e., NOT Goldfish
-- a small makeup bag with the essentials (toothbrush, paste, comb, shampoo, powder foundation and lipgloss)
-- pads and possibly some good, big underwear (although last time I did get pretty friendly with the fishnet variety the hospital provides)
-- a bottle and some formula just in case
-- a clean pillowcase to put on the pillow I will be bringing from my very own bed
I don't know if hubby wants me to include any items for him since we'll be close to home this time. Probably a toothbrush would be wise. I'm thinking even my going-home outfit can just be retrieved the first time someone is available. I figure there will be much more running in-between hospital and house this time, with AJ to attend to, and no interstate on the paththankGod.
What makes me excited about this packing list is that I probably need to run by our favorite store to get some of these things. (See. Spot.) And AJ requested that his Daddy pick him up from school today, so Hooray! You'll know where to find me at 5:00 p.m.
Happy Friday.
13 comments:
NEED TO BORROW PRODUCTIVITY. BAD.
My hospital bag was so worthless last time that next time I think I'll just bring my purse. BR can take care of the rest.
Your goign to reach right through your monitor and slap me, but I always tell people to take mascara. People are goign to be taking pictures of you like it or not. And, later, when you see these pictures you will be happy that you put on some mascara. Then again, this is coming from a girl who took her entire make-up bag. Vain, much?
Also, I highly reccomend some of those tiny trial sized yummy shower gels from Bath and Body (or something smell-good you like)because, lets face it, having a baby can be gross. And a lovely, smell like a bed of honeysuckle shower is better than GREAT afterwards for making you feel much better.
And you better get packin, sistah, because I think you'll be using it sooner rather than later.
MB: you can STOP saying that now. ;)
Sorry :(
You meant in regards to the last comment, right?
I promise - not another word.
That looks like a very good list- we never got to pack because Landon came 4 weeks early and we had just moved (I didn't even know where my bags and the stuff to put in them would be). We were out to dinner when my water broke (right next to the hospital), so I sent JP home while I was in triage with a short list: (1) camera, (2) laptop, (3) chargers for the camera, laptop, and my phone, and (4) contact case. I figured he'd go home again to get the other stuff later. I'm kind of glad I had so little- I just used all the hospital stuff and wa shappy to leave it all behind me!
I totally agree on the mascara though ;)
oh you lucky dog! Target again?!!
Packing the bag was so hard for me! The only thing i wish i had packed more of were the snacks-graham crackers and ritz to be exact. The hospital food was atrocious! And graham crackers and ritz are such good substitutes for meals, right?
Have a happy friday..looks like you will!
Ditto on the make up and shampoo/soap. I banned all cameras until I was ready for my "don't get that close" close-up. And vain as it may sound, I was really glad when those pictures came back. Mama needs to look good too y'know.
Happy Friday!
Oh, the HOSPITAL BAG! It's like the first leaf changing color in the fall!
Mascara?? HA HA HA HA HA! I do bring face powder because otherwise my face is so reflective I am not visible in photos except as a bright white light. But mascara would smear all over the place while I was taking one of my many, many hospital naps.
so exciting! I overpacked for the first two. the last one was a last minute frenzy of useless crap because my water broke and everyone around me was going INSANE.. except me.
Shopping at the Spot with no kids? Woohoo! I'm just the opposite of you in the reading materials--I plan to go to B&N the day before delivery and choose a book or two. Since we don't know what we are having I will be purchasing a boy and girl take home outfit and saving the receipt to return the one we don't need. Doesn't your hospital give you formula? Ours does, whether we plan to use it or not. How exciting to be getting the bag ready!
The gift from baby sister is a great idea. We did the same thing and also had cupcakes to celebrate "Big Brother Day" which I think helped Bubba with the transition.
I say go ahead and pick out your coming home clothes b/c once I left my husband to pick and you should have SEEN what he brought to the hospital!
Reading your descriptions of the latter days of pregnancy over the last couple of posts brings it all back. BLECH. Good luck, I'm thinking of you. I remember being very productive at work when I was pregnant -- mostly because it was too painful to lift my big self up out of the chair and walk to the vending machine. "I fly to thee!" Hee hee.
The only thing I touched out of my bag during labor were my books. Post partum, I used my PJs and my makeup, and I wore the clothes I came in with because I was too bloated to fit in my "going home" outfit.
I, too loved the fishnet underwear.
Post a Comment