Hey, guess what? I eat badly when I'm stressed. Monday I was trucking along, having my bran muffin for breakfast, my little salad with grilled chicken and Lite Italian for lunch.... and then the fever began and I had to start rescheduling everything.
Well, instead of having 1 demure little cup of pasta and 1/2 cup of sauce for dinner, I had a plateful and 2 slices of garlic toast (it was lite, okay!), and found myself finishing off a small bag of semi-sweet morsels while I finished up my work on the laptop around 10 pm.
And yesterday I couldn't control myself AGAIN -- made a big, fat burrito with cheese for lunch (COM.FORT.FOOD), had a "100 calorie" pack of Chips Ahoy! crisps in the afternoon even though I didn't have the 100 cals to spare, and 4 pieces of chocolate from AJ's candy stash, for dessert. We had grilled chicken and veggies for dinner, but I ate more than 4 oz of meat, for sure. I like how I'm able to justify eating too much, because it's "good things" like grilled chicken and "100-cal" cookies. HA.
The whole time I was aware of what I was doing -- emotional eating -- but didn't want to stop. I've never noticed it so acutely before; I guess that's a step forward, just noticing.
Anyway, the diet stalled for a day or two. Thank goodness AJ seemed fine this morning.
4 comments:
I wouldnt worry about th 100 cals - you burnthatjust breathng for a day, not to mention running around the house taking care of 2 sick kiddos while working!
P.S. - WHAT is wrong with my spacebar???????
***goes off to find the almost empty bag of semi-sweet morsels she hid from her husband and son***
I've been doing that too. And it kind of goes in cycles. I'll be really, really good for while and then I'll fall off the wagon -- and when I fall, I fall HARD. I'll eat junk for 3 or 4 days, and then I'm good to go on the healthy eating again. Wierd.
Post a Comment