Monday, July 7

Le Random*

*Totally stole this term from Skiplovey, and it made me wonder: Why am I not using more franglais in my life/blog? (Heh, life/blog! As if the two were ONE.) I was a French major, after all; and my kid's favorite word is l'oreille. He even pronounces it correctement!

-- How many working bras should a girl have? At least one for each day of the week, right (I mean, n'est-ce pas)? Right now I'm down to 5, I think. And two of them are black, naturally, which can't be worn under everything. Why are good bras so expensive? Grr.

-- The Fridge Situation only cost us $336.19. And by "only," I mean, "Crap. Three hundred bucks."

-- How many of you think we're seriously headed for another Great Depression? Raise your hands..... yeah. Me, too. I think about how I look in drab brown and gray, because that is the color of a Depressed Economy, in my mind.

-- Dudes, I love all the contests! I returned from vacation to all this posting about them and to be honest, it kind-of overwhelmed my sun-dried little brain. But I did want to tell some blog-friends hello, and when I did, it entered me in their contests, which I was HAPPY to do! Now, I won one! Nicole's, to be exact. Thanks, Nicole! And thanks, Random Number Generator! The good news for all of MY readers is that there will be another contest to enter shortly, right here on this blog. I believe the rules state I'm supposed to receive my prize, photograph it, and then begin MY Pay-it-Forward Extravaganza. Fun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't win a single contest. BOO.

And also? I also hate that good bas =- BIG MONEY. Have you been to Intimates in Phipps? It's like $80 for ONE BRA. O.M.G.

Swistle said...

Yay, more contests!

MaryB said...

Can't wait for the contest!! Maybe I can win!!!!! So far. my theory thatI used up all of my luck on winning that car in 9th grade has proven true. Im thinking that the statute of limitations on that has to run out shortly though!
Bras - have you tried Soma?? Maybe it was becasue they were on sale or something, but I remember them being cheaper than Vivkis and most of the dept store brands I like, but very very well designed bras and very very helpful, KNOWLEDGEABLE staff!

Mandy said...

If I tell you how many bras I have vs how many I actually wear I would totally embarrass myself!!!

I would love to answer your question on how I feel about the state of the economy but it would require way too much space and I do not want not get controversial in YOUR blog comments!!! But anyway, I agree with you about the "color" of it - perhaps its because all the pictures in our history text books about the depression were black and white so that is what we picture?

yay, a contest for me to loose!!!

oh, and an unexpected $300 bill in our house is a big deal too - BUT how was/is your visit with your little sis?

Anonymous said...

the visit, from little sis's point of view, is AWESOME! We're having a blast. AJ and KT are both cute as pie.

nicole said...

I need some good nursing bras. I'm surviving on one, yes ONE, daytime bra and one sports bra for night. And I don't really like my daytime bra. I recently warned Husband I would be shopping for new ones and it would not be cheap.

Skiplovey said...

Le Random number generator didn't do a damn for me, I won nothing. Waaa. But the contests were fun.

On bras, oh it's a painful subject. I technically own about six but since post-weaning only about two fit anymore (they're all too big). I'm too depressed about the state of the girls to buy any news ones. Nobody told me you might lose a whole cup size. Double waaaa.