Wednesday, August 27

Badly lit, but still pretty darn cute


Happy Baby Jumperoo! from Lee on Vimeo.


Also: this is one of the most beautifully written things I've read on the Internet lately, from Sundry:

...all I wish for is that time would slow down, that I could enjoy your babyhood for as long as I want, instead of the cruel truth of days slipping by faster and faster, every moment taking you just a bit away from me. The entire act of parenthood is a path of loss, Dylan, where the whole point is for you to grow up and away, and we will know we did at least a few things right when you carve out your own life completely separate from ours. I know how this time is such a sweet shutter-flash, and my heart, my little one, it will be over so soon. I am trying to hold on to it all, even as it constantly changes.

6 comments:

Ya-Ya Ma said...

Beautiful!

nicole said...

I love that big grin. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Awe!!!! So cute!

Julie said...

She is so CUTE! I read what Sundry wrote this morning...the image of parenthood being a pathway of loss is both joyful and terrifying to me at the same time.

MaryB said...

Send her over here so I can much those dimpled, smiley cheeks!

Also, have you read this? (can't link it - the boys of summer post at Notes From the Trenches) this is the one that most resonates with me, maybe because my kids are older...the truth of it stopped rich and I both dead in our tracks...especially the part of how we prented the first ones with too much harshness...

Mandy said...

so precious!!!!!!