It has been all I could do today not to come giggling over to you, to tell you this super-cool news. For the last 5 hours I've had to, like, care for the kids and feed them and talk to them and stuff... So annoying! Because guess what? Today I got to meet someone I really like and admire from The Internet. And she is just as sweet and fantastic in person as she is on-screen, and I just had to share.
Hi, Mir, you're pretty! Sorry I was such a schoolgirl. (I really was, y'all. Starstruck happens. I couldn't even logically tell her my name. God, I am so embarrassed. If I ever get to go to BlogHer I will clearly need drinks. Which is good, I've heard they have them there.)
Blogging is funny. One minute you're feeling all comfortable, all "part of this great community," and the next minute you're you again, the shy girl. Hee. But I love it. I was proud to be there, happy to understand this medium (somewhat) and how it works, nodding in agreement when they (Mir and also-famous Kristen) explained why they do it. When my husband asked me on the way home, why *I* do it, I had several answers for him. It started as a substitute for the paper journals I'd been writing my whole life. I have since found it's a great place to park the memories we're making, so that when these kiddos grow up, I won't forget. And, it's allowed me to meet fascinating people and expand my circle a bit. He knew I was excited because I went on and on. I mean, it must have been fun if I'm blogging about it on a weekend! When I got home, I really wanted to hop online just to BE with you guys. If that isn't silly.
Anyway, go and buy their book. I already read about 1/3 of it since we got home today (while I was "caring" for the kids, ahem). It's like a handy bookmark of the best posts from the best momblogs. Blogs-to-books: will that continue? Will the "craze" fizzle eventually? Will all of the rockstar bloggers get published? Who knows. It will be fun to see where this whole things takes us in the next several years.
1 comment:
Squee! You met Mir? You are my new blog hero. Did she sign a life-sized poster of herself? If she shook your hand, did you not wash it afterwards?
(I think she posted about your meeting the other day, didn't she?)
Post a Comment