- No more spur-of-the-moment counting backwards three hours to figure out what time it is at her house. Now I will have to count forward 6.
- We liked Seattle! Now we will have no claim to it whatsoever. We can't drop it casually into conversation to make ourselves sound all West Coast hip and in the know. Poor us.
- On a serious note, she and HB may not get to come home for holidays and vacations as much.
- On a silly note, I won't get to keep any more random pairs of her socks that get left in my laundry basket.
- I don't speak Danish (I just eat them. Ba-dum-chhhhh).
- Living abroad is exciting! And I'm thrilled she'll get to experience that.
- We might like Denmark! Birthplace of The Little Mermaid and home to the world's happiest people -- what's not to like?
- Perhaps they have cool kids' clothing boutiques over there so that Jilly's niece and nephew can aspire to be European hip and in the know. Hee.
- Care packages direct from me to her. Nestle chocolate chips? Jif Peanut Butter? CHECK.
- Five Weeks Mandatory Vacation. So maybe we WILL see her and HB once in a while, after all.
Held og lykke, Jilly! I am so proud and happy for you! Have an adventure. Post lots of pictures and I'll see you on Skype!
5 comments:
I want to work at a place that has five weeks mandatory vacation!
Sniff, sniff, blubber, blubber. Plus smiles and a giggle or two. Such a sweet send-off. And so appropriate: Jilly loves lists!
Sissie, you're the sweetest! Thank you for this post! (sniff sniff, me too!) We will absolutely do our best to make sure the little ones are European hip. And we will look forward to the pb and chocolate chips. Ahhh, home!
Love you!
ps - ummm, enjoy the socks. oopsie!
the socks are from, like 5 years ago. I always forget to give them back.
MY oopsie, really. :)
you can always say "my sister used to live in seattle then she got too cool for that and left for europe" !!!!!!
Post a Comment