Dear KT,
Half a year goes by in a flash and I find myself a few days... okay, a whole week... late with getting this written out. It seems that "late" is a continual state of being with two kids. Not "Very Late," because that would make me feel bad about myself, but just a few minutes past on-time. It's okay. It's expected, really. You manage to find some very sweet ways to fill up the minutes in our days.
I don't know, yet, how tall you are or your official weight, but you're growing. :) You have discovered your feet and like to kick them up over your head when you're lying down. But! You don't have to lie down all the time anymore -- you can sit up, big girl! It makes bathtime and getting dressed a WHOLE lot easier, and you love being upright on a blanket, surrounded by toys. Mostly you go for the cloth things to chew on -- cloth books, your burp cloth, or your dress; I'd have to say your favorite toy is your green pacifier, because your turn it over and over in your hands and chew on it actively. But you just haven't been exposed yet to all the toys that are coming to you -- just wait until you meet the ball popper and the "gumball" machine! We scored a JumpeRoo from some kind friends, and you seem to really like that, too, although you're only just getting acquainted with it.
Rolling is your current method of transportation, when given some time and space, but we can see you trying to pull those little legs up behind you. The days when we can set you down and come back to the same spot 3 minutes later are definitely numbered.
You love the bath! This is really fun for Daddy and me, because *whisper* your brother AJ has never liked getting wet! Never, not since he was tiny like you! So we laugh and laugh to see you, watching yourself in the mirror, getting water ALL OVER THE MIRROR, and making a big ol' mess. It's awesome. In fact, I can't wait to take you to a birthday party this weekend at a friend's pool! I think you're going to enjoy it.
One other thing we laugh at you about: Spitting. You will make bubbles at us all day -- it's like your own little language. Baaaab-bbbbaabbb-bhhhhhtth-th-thtth-thh. We call you Spitty-Spitty when you do that. Somehow I don't remember AJ doing the same, but then again I don't remember a lot about his babyhood anymore. (That is why Mama keeps the blog!)
You still adore Big Brother, and the last few days, when you are downstairs, and you see him at the top of the stairs, you scream with delight, "Aaaahh!" and giggle excitedly! Like he is the funniest thing you've ever seen! I know it makes him feel good to be considered such a comedian, and it makes Mama smile to think that deep down, instinctively, you love him so much. That HE is the friend who makes you happiest.
We certainly love you, Baby. You add infinite sunshine to our days (and you're adding back a little more sleep to my nights, now that you're sleeping 7:30 pm to 6:00 am! Keep that up. Just had to document that one last detail.) I'm going to tickle you right on your delicious squishy thigh when I see you next.
XOXO,
Mommy
6 comments:
AAAWWWW...so sweet, that baby KT!
More pictures soon? please?
yay!! I cant wait to hear about her crushing on big bothers friends!!!
Wow has it really been six months already? Seems like it was just yesterday.
KT sounds like an absolute joy!
Lovely, just lovely!! And sleeping 7:30-6:00 is awesome! Yay, KT! Lots of love from Grandmommy.
So sweet! Our babies would totally be friends if we lived in the same town. I do hope all that sleeping continues--you are lucky! We're just now up to about 8 hours, maybe.
Lovely, lovely. And a welcome read on a day when all that's on my mind is that I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. Do not want to be pregnant, I now know for sure. I'm not, surely. I mean really, I'm sure. Sigh.
Post a Comment