Anyway, I have been stewing about this question since then, feeling that I NEED to have an updated list! This is patently ridiculous, but who can explain the wanderings of the mind or the cultural impact of a TV show like Friends? Seems like I remember in college, my list included Hugh Grant and Tom Cruise, so.... you can see why I need to re-configure.
I know who's on my husband's List, of course: Angelina Jolie, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Alba, and Liz Phair -- all very worthy participants and he has my heartfelt blessing. It's only fair that my own top five are a Known Entity as well. So without further adieu: Hottiehottiehotties.
(Oh wait, more adieu, actually: When I told my dear, innocent friend Katherine about this mental conundrum, she said, "Oh, hee (gasp), I wouldn't really want to DO THAT with them, you know... just maybe have dinner." HA! SHE TOOK IT LITERALLY! Isn't that cute? So anyway, just for grins, let me say that I really don't want a pass to "DO THAT" with these people. A nice (steamy) kiss would be enough for me, really. And maybe dinner, just to make it honest.)
Number One: KEVIN BACON
Okay, so he isn't really current or now. He should have been on my list in college, actually, but I don't know... he's kinda a sidelines player in the Hot industry... I was embarrassed to admit I like-liked him. However, I'm all grown up now and couldn't care less -- he is IT. You had me at "Footloose." (this whole exercise is really embarrassing me now, 5 paragrahps in! forgive me)Number Two: HARRY CONNICK JR
He's made some poor hair choices in the past, but he can sing to me anytime. It was good for me that they were showing his Lincoln MKZ commercial on TV a few months ago. Who ordered the crawfish?Number Three: MATTHEW FOX
Mostly when he's broody, not so much with the goofy smile. Aaaaand now I'll have to endure endless teasing when watching the next season of "Lost" with DH. (I actually think he resembles DH a little bit. Def my type: brown hair, tall, slender face...)Number Four: MIKE ROWE
Alright, stop laughing. It's his WIT and CHARM, people. Well, AND he's not too bad looking, even covered in sh*t! He was a classical musician, so he gets bonus points for that, and I just love when he gives that little sideways glance at the camera when he's talking to one of his Dirty Jobs subjects. That look says, "Can you believe this yahoo just said that out loud?" And yet, he manages to be kind to the yahoo and make him/her feel important? LOVE.Number Five: ...
My husband should be gratified to know that after MONTHS of wondering about this, searching celebrity photos online, writing down names on a blog-ideas post-it, like this:
9 comments:
Maybe #5 is a freebie! Like, if you just HAPPENED to run into Matt Damon and fell passionately into his arms then you could say OH RIGHT ... I TOTALLY was going to make him my #5!
See? It's win-win
LOL!! AWESOME!
I like moo's idea about #5 being a freebie!!
also, now I will go search my archives ..
AND I think its fine to justify your 5 by saying "michaeel j fox but only during Family Ties/Back to the Future"
b/c for me I would say "matthew fox but only during Party of five!!!!" oh I can totally see your DH with some Matthew Fox in him;)
I am going to resteal this idea since its almost THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR when my "fake husband" comes back into my life (Jilly knows who I am talking about!!)
http://mandyclaire.blogspot.com/2008/05/toooooo-much-covered-for-proper-title.html
here's the link
1. Mike Holmes (his arms...have you seen his fabulous arms?)
2. Bobby Flay (oh, if only he would cook me dinner!)
3. Richard from TOP GEAR (his sense of humor is awesome)
4. John Travolta (I want to sing and dance with him)
5. Jeffrey Donovan from BURN NOTICE (he is just hot)
Ha! I totally need to work on my list. I have John Cusack and Hugh Grant on mine, and Alan Rickman, and...let's see. Tom DeLonge of Blink-182, and....Dr. Cox from Scrubs, of course, and let's see, who else. David Boreanaz? James Marsters? It's so hard to decide, especially when I seem to be choosing six instead of five.
Trying to narrow down to five...will get back to you ASAP!
Mike Rowe! Good one, el-e-e! And Mandy, YES, it is the most wonderful time of the year, and Kirk is a big part of that.
Here's mine at the moment:
1. Daniel Craig
2. Kirk Herbstreit
3. Roger Federer
4. Pierce Brosnan
5. Christian Bale (a recent addition. just saw Dark Knight this week.)
jilly -- OMG - Federer is on MY list too!!! although I would settle for being able to sit in the "special" box at Wimbeldon watching him in the finals on Centre Court!!!
so, in addition to roger and kirk I would have to say right now my other three would be:
Shepard Smith (although I have heard he may play for the other team)
Either of Paula Deen's sons (although I am OVER Paula herself)
and a tie between the OTHER dr on house (Dr Wilson) and Charlie on
Numb3ers
Post a Comment