Monday, August 11

Updatery

Weekend
Well, the weekend weather was beautiful here -- in the mid '80s or less, with a breeze! How did we get so lucky, in August? That's kind-of unheard of in Georgia. But there it was, so we took advantage of it. Saturday, we ate lunch outside, not at a posh sidewalk cafe... not even on a picnic blanket on the grass... we went to SONIC, baby. :) Nothing better than Coney Dogs (why do they call them Coney dogs?) and Cherry Limeade on red metal tables.

Sunday we upped the bar and went to the park for our fresh air. AJ climbed enthusiastically on the playground equipment (even went down the BIG CURVY slide), and then we all got schooled by the greedy, mean ducks. We only had 3 bread ends to give them so they charged at us intimidatingly to show how hungry they were. Yikes. ...What else? Oh, we played outside in our very own yard, too! Hide-n-seek, basketball, football with daddy, and KT baby is big enough for our swing! I will have to get some photos because I LOVE a baby in a swing, don't you?

Memories
Today I'm working in my dining room instead of the usual kitchen. I'm enjoying the scent of, again, nothing chic like a candle by Illuminations or a bowl of exotic potpourri, but a Febreeze plug-in "Noticeable." ha! It is the same scent that I bought just after KT was born, though. Her pack-n-play was positioned right in front of the outlet where it was plugged, so the scent is strongly associated with her newborn infanthood. Which I can't believe is A MEMORY already. She'll be 6 months old Friday. She has tried squash, sweet potatoes, pears, carrots, peas, and green beans. I'm saving bananas for the last, amazing dish. I can't wait to see her reaction to them. (AJ about went out of his mind whenever I'd serve him bananas.) She is almost able to sit up on her own.

Diet update
I'm down 7 pounds, somehow! Woo hoo! My joints have been aching lately, though, so it's yoga and stretching today, as much as I can manage. And I made some taco dip (forgot the guacamole layer, duh) but I guess I'll only eat a tablespoon or two. That is so hard.

Entertainment
Did everyone watch the Olympics all weekend? I got teary, no surprise, during the opening ceremonies. AJ did not get it. He wanted to "go see" the fireworks in person, and remained otherwise uninterested. Of course, gymnastics last night: That one Chinese girl looked about five years old!! Crazy. Poor American team took a beating on the uneven bars, didn't they? I was uncomfortable when the camera guy hovered over their little team cheer-up session after the competition was over for the night. I admired them for not smacking him and telling him to STEP BACK. It was a private team moment, sheesh! BUT NO, all of AMERICA needs to hear your pep-talk, little girls. So we can sit in our armchairs back at home and go, "DAMN!" when you miss a tiny step. (Husband and I chastised ourselves for that.)

8 comments:

MaryB said...

Would you believe that Grant HATED bananas? Totally screwed up and not normal, I tell ys!

Agree 100% about the camera intruding on the end of competition huddle - R-U-D-E!!! I was SO irritated.

What a lurvly weekend! Sounds like you made some new memories to go with the Febreeze ones :)

Anonymous said...

This weather has been spectacular, I agree. We actually turned off the AC and opened the windows and turned on the fans. It's been glorious. Hope it continues!!

(and the big curvy slide ... WOW!)

Mandy said...

the weather!! right now I have all of the windows open letting in fresh air to the house ... it remids me of early fall since its almost time for football seasn (GEAUX TIGERS)

mmmmmSonic .. I have been on an Orange Cream Slush kick lately -- we have dont the sitting outside there yet (with Collin) - perhaps you gave me inspiration!!

yay for KT, I was amazed at Zeke's progression just thru last week .. I forget how quickly babyhood goes ... cant wait to hear about the banana's:)

congrats on the diet update !!!

I think that chinese girl was too young too!!! and with the USA girls, I still have a love affair with the 96 team .. .I still cry when I see Keri Strug do that vault!!!

nicole said...

I've given Butterfly bananas and she loves them. In fact, she appears to love all baby food. The girl is getting truly chubby. And we watched some Olympics. I got sucked in to the swimming last night when I should have been sleeping.

nicole said...

Oh yeah, way to go on the weight loss! That is awesome.

Ya-Ya Ma said...

7 pounds! Fantastic! You're doing better on your own than I am with an actual "diet" and daily exercise! I may have to try it your way if something doesn't improve here PDQ. ;-)

Swistle said...

NO SHE IS NOT SIX MONTHS OLD. NO.

I have an Illuminations candle (Flower Garden) going, and it's making me all jumpy because I'm so worried I'm going to forget about it or not supervise it sufficiently. Think I'll get a plug-in.

Anonymous said...

Big curvy slide! Awesome! Too bad the ducks were mean.
7 pounds! Way to go!
The scent wafting through our apt right now is strongly of laundry detergent. I think the smell is stronger because we don't have a dryer so everything air dries. Probably that will be my "memory of moving to CPH" smell.