I've had real trouble with my holiday goodies this week. I tried, first, to make my Grandmother's Cherry Bourbon Balls. I don't particularly love bourbon balls, but these are made with cherry licqueur and are better than most. Besides that, I had all the ingredients on-hand and knew I'd need to fill up some Christmas tins as gifts for our neighbors, and these are good for filling. But my walnuts were much too old. The finished product tasted stale slash awful, and ended up in my garbage disposal. Dismay.
I also made the most delicious of recipes, Swistle's mint-chocolate wonder. I do that in cookie form, and they turned out wonderfully! However, I didn't eat them all as quickly as I would have liked, and even though I've stored them in an airtight container, they're dry and crumbly now. Sigh.
Then I tried making what I call "Melanie's Extra Rich Chocolate Graham Bites," but surely they have a real name. I don't know. Those tasted good, but they were a bitch to get out of the pan. I used Pam, even, but they were so sticky and gooey and did not deliver on their promise that I could "cool completely, then turn out and cut!" Like it's so easy! "Ha, ha," they said.
Since they turned out the best, albeit the most sinister (and since they are the one recipe I can remember because it only has 3 ingredients), they are what I'll share today. Enjoy!
1 1/3 c. (I think... just use a whole sleeve) graham crackers, finely crushed
1 6-oz bag semi-sweet morsels (I sometimes use a few white choc chips to make my 6 oz, if I don't have a whole bag of regular)
1 can condensed milk
Mix up the ingredients. Pour into a 9x9" greased pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely and turn out, then cut into 1 inch bites.
2 comments:
Mmmmm...those sound good. It's said that bad things happen in three's so your next baking project should turn out perfectly! :)
drool.
merry, merry!
Post a Comment