Thursday, November 19

Baby log

KT is talk, talk, talking. She's 21 months and 4 days today. Here are some of her greatest hits.

'eah. She doesn't say "Yeah," just "'eah." Whereas her brother was famous for "I do." (AJ, are you hungry? --I dooooo. KT, are you hungry? ---eah.)

Bah-bye, later. All one word. --bah-bye, Keh-see, 'ater.

Come payyyyy.

owwy, Ah-ex. (sorry, Alex) Always with a leaned-in hug.

Namek. (napkin)

Cay-tiss Boh. (craisin bowl) This means she wants her Craisins in a bowl, or wants Craisins in general.

Teeeef. This kid loves to brush her teeth. Well, loves to chew on the toothbrush anyway, and fill the landfills with 17 Dixie cups a day.

Po-yee-un. (Napoleon) We're amazed that she articulates his whole name, sometimes all four syllables, so well.

Mee-mouse. If you don't know, I can't be friends with you any more. Just kidding -- Mickey!

eee-behsss. (Three bears) One of our favorite books.

ah-piddahs. (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) Our other favorite book! When she's looking for it, she calls out, Ah-piddahs? Ah-piddahs?

Shoooess. Anna. (Suzanna). Just this past weekend she met her Aunt Suzanna and I love how she says her name. Like two words.

There are many more, and she's making little sentences, too. I love this age. The explosion of language is adorable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this age too. I think it's my favorite yet.

The "shoes - anna" made me crack up. The pronunciation! What a sweetie.

nicole said...

Yes. Love the toddler talk. Butterfly has been saying "Yes, Mama" lately. So cute. She knows her biggest sister's name and her nearest in age big brother's name and yells them when she sees them. Love it.

newmumontheblock said...

Hi there, just got lucky and discovered your blog. The toddler talk sounds adorable. Waiting to get to that stage, we're still at aaahhhh's and papapa's and even those get us pretty excited!

Lee said...

I have to correct something -- she actually pronounces craisins, day-diss, not "cay-tiss."

And today she's been trying to say "Love you." It comes out, "Lufff wha." !! :)