Wednesday, November 11

(Untitled)

So, DH's doctor confirmed he has elevated blood pressure and I've ...turned to alcohol.

Do you think it has something to do with the kids?

YOU'D BE RIGHT.

...20-month-old girl (read: TERRIBLE TWOS) and a 5-year-old boy... what idiots thought this child-spacing arrangement would work out??

It's just the constant WHINING. Both of them. And yes, KT's been fighting a cold again, so I understand she feels yucky, and I understand she doesn't see us all day while we're at work, so when we're at home she wants to be with us -- I want to be with her too -- but for the love of JACK. Mama's hip is unavailable for sitting, sweetie. You are TOO BIG. (How did you get so big?) Can we please just hold hands? I know I shouldn't wish it away but...

And AJ. Sigh. I don't want to record it all here, because I want it to fade to a distant memory that I can't recall in 20 years when he asks me. I want to say, "Oh, honey, you were a handful... but all kids are. You outgrew it." It's about respecting adults and that's all I'll say.

This morning, as I was trying to swipe my face with Bare Minerals and wipe snot off KT's cheek for the forty-seventh time, and catch the weather report (guess what? Rain), and be understanding and patient but at the same time get AJ to please not squoosh his foot into his shoe while it is still tied, they are brand-new SHOES AND THEY'LL STRETCH OUT AND BE RUINED!!!.... Well, I don't think I got that mad, but thinking about it now I'm getting flustered again... I tried to look at it from 20 years out, knowing that it WILL fade to nothing in my mind, if I don't blog it. It will.

I hate --yes, Blogger, "strong and slash strong"-- the morning hustle, have I said that? I wish we could re-tool that process mightily.

5 comments:

nicole said...

Our 20 month old has been wearing me out too. I'm tired of having my plans dictated by the whims of someone who is barely two feet tall. We had to leave a restaurant before we even got our drinks yesterday because she was already throwing a fit. Ugh. But then she makes us laugh and her brothers and sisters can't get enough of her, and well, this too shall pass. Right?

Hopes for a better day.

Lee said...

Well, yes, of course I want it to be known that she is also so freaking ADORABLE at times, and I just can't get enough of her talking, or looking at herself in the mirror and giggling. Of course.

It's just that lately the whine and the cute seem to be out of balance.

sdw said...

While getting M ready for "school" this morning, I became aware that I've been lucky to have avoided the morning grind for the most part for the last two years. I heard my head wondering, "What if I just gave up and left her here, unclothed, in bed?" I quickly dismissed the idea, but there it was.

Anonymous said...

I think the adorable is the saving grace of this age. Seriously. Madeline is lovely and sweet and hilarious and yet SO FRUSTRATING and DEMANDING. I still prefer this phase over the Helpless Newborn Time but YIKES. I get you, really I do.

And the morning hustle STINKS. I have been trying to get up before her, but she's got some kind of supersense that alerts her to my awake-ness, I swear.

Hugs... hope the day looks better soon.

Alice said...

see, my parents took the opposite approach. i mean, they obviously didn't have a blog when we were kids, but they appear to have remembered allllll the shit we gave them, and bring it up frequently now that we're both adults, to.. i'm not sure, actually. shame us into being nicer to them now? appreciate them more for not killing us in our sleep? :-)