Thursday, March 4

Sorting out what's in my head

It's not wasting time when your brain needs the relief of blogging. Getting it all out, out, OUT!

I have one hour before I leave for my lunch break. During that break I'm going home to do a little cleaning. We have weekend guests coming (KT's favorite UNC SHAAAAANE!), and I haven't been to the grocery store yet this week, plus we're getting a new roof put on the house tomorrow (insurance is paying, score!) and have to prepare somewhat tonight, plus plus. Whatever other required tasks (plenty).

Such as: KT's class is learning about toothbrushing this week, and requested that we send it a spare clean toothbrush, and a photo of her brushing her teeth. Um. If I had time to go somewhere and print photos, I wouldn't be ONE YEAR BEHIND on my own albums. I opted NOT to participate in that activity, and I'm sorry about it, but Lordy. Make a big trip to Walgreen's to print one photo?! Can't do it. (Guess we need to get a photo printer for our computer now.)

So it's crazy, as usual.

I'm trying not to freak out and continuously note how crazy it is, but to just take these things one at a time and know they are part of a full, rich, blessed life.

(...Yeah, right. You all know good and well I'm flustered a little bit.)

But I'll tell you what I've decided: Having a T-ball schedule is somewhat of an anchor -- a comfort, even. I like looking at the practice calendar, which is planned out until MAY. In my own life, I'm never "planned" that far ahead! And at least on T-ball nights, we have a Plan. I can serve a quickie dinner and have a very logical reason --no guilt-- in doing so. If it's a game, I know I'm going to be on the bleachers for 1.5 hours. There is a nice grounded feeling with that -- and it rules out having to squeeze in chores. Sorry, can't - I'm at the ballpark! If it's a practice, KT and I will play for a while while the boys go out, then I'll put her to bed. Sometimes I have five whole minutes to myself, and I'm usually pretty sure they'll bring me a dessert or a drink from Dairy Queen when they come home.



In fact, as I was typing this, I got a call from the T-ball coach and it reminded me that there's a practice tonight. I had forgotten. ?!!! What was I saying about anchored, comforted? Hahahahahaaaaa.

Life just goes so fast, sometimes. Good THING I blog it, or it would be lost forever in a memory blur.

xo Kisses! xo

5 comments:

nicole said...

I hope KT likes bleacher time better than LCS. My little girl did not enjoy the softball season this past fall, and this spring we have soccer, softball and t-ball! Crazy!

Lee said...

Well, sometimes she will stay there contentedly (if I remember to bring her a snack/drink) but other times, like last Monday night, she makes me walk around the park with her and I miss most of the game. So I feel ya! Thank goodness there are only 4 innings, right?!

bessieviola said...

Ha! I've been thinking the same thing - that I'm so glad I blog, or I'd be missing a lot of little moments that I really want to remember.

I keep a running list next to my computer of random topics I want to capture, but like everything else it has to wait for some free time.

I can't WAIT to see t-ball pictures! (and hey, you don't have to print them to blog them!)

simplemindedsuburbanite said...

I'm so glad that I am not the only mom who "opts out" of some of the CRAZY things they request us to do for our kids at school! A yardstick with your child's name on it... 16 empty water bottles spray painted black... A tray of food that your child's Famous American would've liked to eat...What the heck did Harry Truman eat anyway? Anyone?

Lee said...

Ha! Harry Truman, that's a good one! (Meatloaf?)