Thursday, February 25

My fatal mistake was making it all public

That list. It's sitting down there mocking me. Stupid, stupid me to get so ambitious out here in the open where everyone can see! Monday was a fail, right? Then Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to puke. (Oh, hello there! Got your attention didn't it?) I felt better by noon, stayed careful by having broth and Sprite for lunch. Tuesday evening, KT puked all over the couch. And then twice in her bed. The parents' gold-medal event is always Puke Patrol in the middle of the night right? We went in there like a well-trained team -- he handled the sheet-changing, I handled the kid-clean-up, wham-bam, back into bed in 10 minutes or less. Annnnnnd... Wednesday, AJ's school nurse called and DH had to pick him up. Puke again! Which is how I find myself working from home with him today. What a week.

I guess the photo albums are going to have to wait, huh?

AJ and I are going to work for a while (he's on the Mac, I'm on my work laptop, on opposite sides of the kitchen table - cute!), I hope he'll do some coloring -- he's been really into coloring this little comic book lately -- and we'll probably head to Wal-Mart for a few essentials (LYSOL WIPES) later today.

I'm just thankful it's a little stomach bug that seems to go away, and not H1N1. Since we never did get our shots.

What're you doing today?

6 comments:

nicole said...

Oh yuck. You are definitely excused from any and all other tasks while trying to keep the puking to a minimum. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! We had a puke-in-the-bed incident this week too. Monday night. Thankfully ours was the 'lingering cold/coughed enough to puke' variety. Which eventually resulted in an ear infection. While my marketing director was in town for our quarterly epic meeting extravaganza.

But today I already got some laundry done before work, and tonight am looking forward to relaxing.

It's been a LONG week here, too. I feel your pain!

MaryB said...

UGH UGH UGH....I am so sorry :(

Lee said...

Who is this RR person? It's been so long I figured you were OVER TEH BLAWGS.

Anonymous said...

:( So sorry!

Melessa Gregg said...

I've found that going public really is asking for it sometimes. I hope everyone is better now.