Blog-post bullets. This is what it's come to. A friend told me yesterday, because she's taking an online art history course, that for the first time she is considering starting a blog. To "work on her writing." I had to laugh: That was my original goal, as well. Haaaaaa.
1. Friendship is good. I can't wait to see my bestest next month. Poolside, baby. We can talk books and nail polish and recipes and not much else, and that is OKAY BY ME.
2. Prayer is good. I have a few more things to pray for all of a sudden, and I'm excited about it. I need a reason to BOOST the MOMENTUM in that department. Hopefully won't be just a grocery-list, either. I've been thinking a lot lately about PRAISE and my lack thereof, in most typical praying I do. How to remedy?
3. Last day of Kindergarten today. I can't believe it. Mah baby. The Graduation was adorable, except when - you won't believe this - his teacher mis-pronounced his last name!! OMG. A mispronunciation of our last name is not pleasant. Thank goodness she also mispronounced 2 other students'. We parents banded together and joked about it but COME ON. Do you know these kids at all? Later DH and I decided okay, she probably rarely CALLS them by their last names. Still.
4. So, leaving work at noon, special last-day lunch with AJ, then a Target trip. Best day ever.
5. Babysitter tonight! We have a friend's son's college grad party to attend. I'm happy to have a new blouse and shoes to wear. Also happy about free food and drink. Don't know much about the grad, but who cares!
6. Road trip to Nanny's tomorrow! Annual lovely time away from the big stupid city. I can't wait to see that back porch again. And hug that wonderful lady I've come to love as my own.
7. I bought something just for me yesterday. A set of 5 magnets with funny/sweet sayings on them. They made me so happy in the store, I had to spend 20 bucks. One of them says, "Don't believe everything you think." Perfect advice. Another one says, "Everyone is somebody's Weirdo." Couldn't resist.
Happy Friday! More QTs here.
3 comments:
What a cheerful post! And, well, I don't understand how someone would mispronounce your last name. You should show us your blouse and shoes (especially the shoes!). Yea for happy things.
I love this post too. :) The thought of kindergarten graduation makes me all sniffly... just the mere thought.
Happy things like magnets with cute sayings are my weakness. If it's cute and wee with inspiring words, I am DONE FOR.
HOW HOW HOW does someone mispronounce your last name? Your maiden name sure, but you traded up to an easily pronouncable name!
Just saw a SPS end of year newsletter and it had a congrats to the graduationg 8th grade class section and it had a pic from their kinder graduation WHICH WAS 14'S!!! sad, sad, sad....they kept goign without us :(
Post a Comment