Tuesday, June 15

You'd do better to read the paper wrapper your lunch came in...

Reports from ya-ya ma are that AJ is getting along just swimmingly without us. Quite literally -- it sounds like they're swimming at least twice a day. He's hanging out with his cousins, eating and sleeping well, and waking her up, instead of me, at quarter to six AY! EM!

Desite that good news, I'm feeling all sorts of ennui, which is normal for this Longest Week Of The Year pre-vacation. I'm blah about work, not feeling like I even qualify to be doing some of the stuff I'm tasked with. I'm not yet motivated for trip-tasks besides laundry; I'd rather read my book. And yet I know that both work-work and home-work need to be ramped up before Friday OR ELSE. It's time to start stressing. (Why aren't I stressing?) I'd like to take trips to Barnes & Noble and TJ Maxx tomorrow at lunch, to ensure I have all the right gear. A new book light and a new swimsuit would both be handy. But ugh, what a pain, buying a swimsuit.

I'm still the same same same weight, height, and pale-skin-level as before the 30-Day-Shred attempt. I feel plllbbbttt about that, as well. Why didn't it work? Why couldn't I keep doing it after 30 stupid days? I don't look bad, per se, but I could look better. I've used my Target-brand self-tanning lotion 2 or 3 times but I'm hardly interested in smelling it for the little difference it makes.

The one thing I did get accomplished today was scheduling AJ's birthday party at -- Heaven forgive me -- Chuck E. Cheese. I know I shouldn't spoil him by granting that request, especially because I am not a fan of Chuck. But I AM a fan of hosted parties where I let the hired teenager run things and I write the check. And I'm also a fan of AJ, himself, and asked very sweetly. Last year we did a very non-commercial party at the park. It was awesome, and cheap. So I feel justified that this year we can do something a little bigger.

That's all I've got. Oh, also: Yatt has moved into the cubicle next to me. Should be interesting. She's grown on me a little since our last discussion. And I've vowed not to be a jerk about her on the blog. So unnecessary, spreading ill-will into the world. Still, though. One of the only people to ever merit her own category on helloself. I feel I should mention it.

1 comment:

bessie.viola said...

HA! I love Yatt stories! And I am well familiar with the pre-vacation grumps. Buy yourself something pretty, that usually shakes me out of it.

So cool that AJ is having a ton of fun! That's absolutely the kind of thing he's going to remember forever.