...and then, just now, I get a nostalgic little “rush,” walking down the office hallway with a file folder in my hand, because I used to love to play office when I was a little girl. File folders and staplers and copiers, oh my! How can something be meaningless AND somewhat of a childhood wish come true, at the same time?
I am all sorts of messed up, my friends.
Ah, well, moving on to the purely physical: FRITOS. My mind is locked on Fritos today. But let’s start at the beginning -- I lost a pound in Week One. That’s slow and steady, like it’s supposed to be, so Bully for me! I am encouraged, and South Beaching hasn’t been that bad. Boring, maybe, without a nightly ice cream cone, but not terrible. Tonight might prove difficult, however. My parents are arriving tonight to help with the first week of school’s wacko schedule – Monday Orientation, Tuesday off, Wednesday and Thursday half-days, Friday full day! WHY, School Administrators? Elementary school shouldn’t be this complicated, truly – and I’m planning to serve taco salad for dinner. Which is a perfectly acceptable South Beach meal, actually, unless you add the best part, the FRITOS. I bought them enthusiastically last night, because apparently 2 weeks ago when AJ arrived at his Gammy’s, she had an unopened bag on her counter and it was THE thing he was happiest about. He said, “My Mommy hardly EVER buys me Fritos, and I love them.” Sigh. You come by it naturally, kiddo. I will TRY to resist them, or only add a few. It is frankly going to suck.
1 comment:
That is a ridiculous schedule. Good luck avoiding the Fritos. You are a better woman than I. ;)
Post a Comment