More than a week since my last post? How can that be? Surely my brain has had some kind of drivel to share, no? ...No, I guess. Not really.
I did have a question pop into my brain the other day, as I was dusting KT's room -- a question that seemed perfect for the Internet. Dear readers, How do you, personally, corral the hairbows and barrettes if you are lucky enough to have a young girl living in your home?
Well, at the time it seemed a logical thing to ask - now it seems kinda lame, as if the answer is simply: "A wicker basket with the linen liner, DUH, don't you ever look at the Pottery Barn Kids catalog?" (No, indeed I stopped receiving it for some reason.)
Well, on with the topic anyway: In my own home growing up, we had plenty of cabinets and drawers. My mom used plastic dividers, if I remember correctly, and we kept all the millions of ribbons neatly out of sight.
When KT was a baby, I surprised myself by purchasing hairbows for the top of her head. (I'm combing the archives because I know I posted a picture here, but can't find it for the life of me!) I kept them all clipped to a long pink ribbon, hanging from a cute little hook in her bedroom. Very crafty, thought I. Now, however, there seem to be more pony tail holders than barrettes, and the barrettes I do have are too big for the small Tinkerbell jewlery box I have been using for everything.
What I need to do is rearrange the kids' bathroom cabinet so it's useful. Currently it's still storing an old shower curtain, folded up, a collection of infant bathtowels (with the little hoods!) that obviously need replacing since I have no infants, and a bunch of other crap.
Am I posting about a bathroom cabinet? LORDY. Sorry. Thinking about all that mess reminds me that last night I started feeling a bit stressy. About work, and other projects and things that I can't seem to do -- no need to recount all the details for you, I'm sure, but sometimes life is messy, amiright? We're about to embark on the painting project, sure to prove that theory. I can't wait, actually. (Maybe because it's a small excuse for everything being in disarray?) I will definitely take and post photos, especially since I now know about this site! Thank you, Swistle!
5 comments:
i am SUCH a huge fan of small baskets / containers used in drawers, on shelves, etc to corral all that sort of stuff - i have one for all my hair ties & clips; one for my undies; one for my socks; one for my makeup... :)
We keep ours in a basket under the sink. Well, that is where stuff is supposed to go, but my girls seem to take the hair bands out and leave them everywhere but the basket. Ah well, good intentions. I just cleaned my laundry room today. That is kind of depressing, cleaning a room that is intended for making things clean. But I could not walk in there and look at the chaos one more minute. So one project done and one million to go.
Err... I may be alone in this, but I am FASCINATED by how people store things. I love organizing, and any opportunity to buy little bins/boxes/baskets is always MINE.
Maddie still is lacking enough hair to accumulate this kind of detrius; she only has a few bows and they are clipped onto the liner of her toiletry basket (lotion, Boudreaux, etc.)
For barettes or bows that have clasps, we use one of the those long ribbons attached to the wall (the barrettes get clipped to the ribbon). For ponytail holders, we use one of those ring keeper thingees (looks like a little ring toss set? does this make ANY sense?).
I mean, in theory we do those things but mostly the stuff just ends up under the couch and on the floorboards of the car.
I recently put a pretty heart-covered plastic box under the sink for hair bows. Not wonderfully convenient but not bad. Plus (or "twice" as M says instead of "plus"), I'm not getting her ready in the morning these days (new work schedule), so she is rarely wearing anything in her hair at all. There are several hair bows in my pocketbook as well!
Post a Comment