Friday, March 18

Luxury

It's Friday night and our luxury is that we had nowhere to be tonight after work and school, except our own home. This, after a week full of nightly commitments, except that I did skip choir practice last night. I think the director was frustrated because several of us were missing, but I'm sorry. Sometimes life comes before choir and I was tired. So anyway, tonight I ordered cheese pizza for our Lenten sacrifice (yeah) and had a Mojito to go with it. Mojitos are so warm-weather. And we've been having warm weather. Last night I told DH that we should really get a new table and chairs for the back deck. That is a good indication of my weather state-of-mind.

Tonight after the kids went down, we officially started the painting project. We pulled off the previous owners' gawd-awful 8" floral border -- here, evidence:



...and wiped off all the glue residue. We're right to call it gawd-awful, yes? I think I had a few Laura Ashley dresses back in 1989 with that same pattern. And/or pillow shams. It looks like a room that actually exists in the 21st century now, without that border. If we hadn't already painted patches on the blue wall, we MIGHT not even need to go any further. But we did paint patches, haha! On purpose, so we WOULD have to continue. We're going with a more neutral shade -- Hopsack by Valspar -- that we hope will "open up the room," as they say... Or, I guess they say that. I'm a geniune novice when it comes to decorating.

I can't wait for the finished room but we're trying to allow ourselves to take it one wall at a time without stress. There's just no other way to do it. So tonight we did prep work. Tomorrow, one wall maybe. Sunday, we'll see.

And now I'm going to continue my evening, reading and catching up on all your blogs, with a glass of wine (I ran out of rum for Mojitos). It's luxury to be up this late, too. I should go to bed, but it's nice to ignore the "shoulds" sometimes and do what I want. :)

No comments: